Produce > Under Glass

Potting tomatoes on

(1/5) > >>

northener:
Hello All. I'm about ready for potting on my toms from 2" pots from propogator to ??????????  They will eventually be going into growbags in the greenhouse. How big [tall] do they have to be to put into growbags. Cheers.

tim:
You obviously have a heated greenhouse. Ours are not sown yet! And they won't be planted till late MAY. But they fruit from early July to November.

How big? 'They' say 'in flower' - but I can never get mine to that stage before they get too leggy. So - 6-8"?

Oh, 3-4" pots - whatever you have room for. And sink them to within 1/4" of their leaves.

Mrs Ava:
Not sown yet Tim!  Oh my, I think I have gotten a touch carried away!

Funny how different varities have different leaf shapes, and that smell....I have been potting mine on all morning and the scent is amazing!

Jesse:
Northerner I usually plant my tomatos out once they're about 4 inches tall but it's probably a little early still so keep them indoors a little longer if you can, perhaps pot into larger pots to keep them going.

kenkew:
I won't be p*icking any of mine out for at least 2, maybe 3 weeks into 3" pots. From there I like to see plenty of root before I plant them out. I agree with Tim about depth, a bit deeper than they were in the 3" pot. This encourages extra roots.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version