Photo Gallery > The Gallery

Getting there........I think!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sulis:
This is the first time i've seen an allotment on a small terrace like this. I like it! Looks different from the norm.

It's amazing just how much work you can do if you do it 'bit by bit' :)

tim:
In Jersey, 90% is on the cotés - or hillsides. If they can do it, so can you! = Tim
PS which way does it face?

Mimi:
Doris that is a huge amount of work.  Well done you.  Want to come and give ME a hand? ::)

ina:
Fantastic!

How about installing a little ski lift. You haul the manure up and just drop it. Don't they always say sh*t rolls downhill?

Actually, I think it will be easy doing the planting, weeding and harvesting up-hill, you don't have to bend so much.

I can't wait for the summer pictures.

Doris_Pinks:
Thank you for all your encouraging words!! I will be climbing the Matterhorn next year!!! I am hoping that this way will make for some nice, rich, freedraining soil, and as EJ says they may warm up quickly!

Tim, do you know, i have never thought about which direction it faces!! If I stand at the front, and look to my brambles i think it is east! i know due to huge trees in the back i do not get nearly as much sun as i would like!

Mimi, would love to give you a hand, when shall i come over?..........oh sorry busy that day! :-) ;)

Ina a ski lift would be a great idea!! The hauling of the manure is proving to be interesting :-(  And I managed to trip over my wheelbarrow the other day, have some beautiful bruises ! (felt such a pratt!)

So satisfying this gardening lark, and taking photos makes you realise you really are getting somewhere! DP

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version