Photo Gallery > The Gallery

Getting there........I think!

<< < (3/3)

Piglet:
I'm very impressed, have lots of questions - how do you use a wheel barrow without it running away downhill and being a v hard slog uphill?  You must be very fit, even doing the basic jobs must be very hard work.  And clay as well.  

Think you deserve the medal for most challenging plot.

Well done  !!  :D
Piglet.

Doris_Pinks:
Well Piglet, me and fit do not usually go together in a sentence :o  
Because it is all staged, I have to sit the wheel barrow on the paths. (in a cross section the hill would look like steps, long one's being the beds, shallow ones being paths! I do have a worn track going up the hill to the top bed, which gets a bit hairy when it is wet and I am heading downwards with a full barra!! Makes for excitement and bruised knees!! :) (I can't think of a cunning ploy to do away with this, other than steps, and as you know steps and a wheelbarrow do not mix  :'() Once the paths are in and the beds dug, it should I hope work fairly well and not be too much more work than my flat bit! Infact am hoping the soil will eventually be a zillion times better because of the raised beds, (once I have dug in MORE grit, manure and compost) and should be easier to weed etc. because there should be less stooping involved! (thats MY theory anyway.we shall see!) DP

Garden Manager:
You probably need a lift/pulley system using two barrows. One up one down. If the down barrow is heavier than the up one then the weight alone will pull whatever you want to take to the top!  lol

Seriously this is getting on for 'vertical' gardening or in this case vertical lottie -ing!

If you think this is  bad though try gardening in Madeira. My parents have just been on holiday there and saw someone gardening on the side of a cliff!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version