Produce > Under Glass

Flooring

<< < (2/4) > >>

Mrs Ava:
The great thing about the gravel is I brush my work side clean and all the bits fall into the gravel and vanish, and to be honest, between me and the kids and out heavy feet, very little has ever grown, either that or I am darn good at seed sowing and never spill any!  ;)  The gravel is easy to wet down but you have to have shoes on or your pinkies suffer!  We do have a stack of old slabs heaped up down the side of our house.....I might try laying a path a slab wide down the length of the house and keep the gravel along the borders and see how that works.....

Mimi:
I have weed surpressant fabric covered by gravel on the sides and a recycled brick herring bone path(care of my very handy OH) Like Emma I just sweep the path, or spray it with water from the hose in the summer and its clean as a whistle. ;D

Palustris:
2 g/houses are concrete and the other is paving slabs. The tunnel is soil with plant membrane on top.
Only problem with concrete is how slippy thwey get if you do not keep on top of the cleaning!

tim:
As you will have seen, we have an inch of wood shavings.
Why? Because we dug into yellow clay to give another foot headroom (I'm 6'4") & it went all goey when wet. The shavings bind into the clay & keep it all dry. Or moist if you so wish! = Tim

Granny_Smith:
Our large, hot g/house has paving slabs which we can water and cool things down, but the smaller, cooler one has a path made from some cheap wooden patio paving squares (found on offer at a clearance warehouse). I hide the slug pellets underneath them so the children can't pick them up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version