Allotment Stuff > The Basics

Who keeps the paperwork - treasurer

(1/5) > >>

Grubend:
Hi, I have just taken over as allotment secretary at our local allotment site and we have a problem with the ex-treasurer and the new treasurer.  What I would like help on is who keeps the paperwork?

The previous treasurer arranged for the accounts to be audited and these were circulated at the recent AGM, however, she will not hand over any of the receipts etc that she received during her time as treasurer.  The new treasurer has been given the bank books and is now a signatory but that is all he has.

Who is right here? Our chairman wants all the paperwork as he says it belongs to the Association but the previous treasurer is refusing to hand it over.  Do we just need a copy of the audited accounts?  At the end of the day the auditors have checked that everything is above board.
Helllllppppp

Beersmith:
I'm sure someone with suitable expertise will provide a reply in due course.  But the application of simple logic suggests the old treasurer is in the wrong. How can any documents, financial or otherwise, relating to the business of the allotment association committee be the personal property of an individual rather than belonging to the committee as a group?

Commonsense aside, proving and enforcing that may not be so easy. I'll be following this topic with interest. Has the former treasurer explained why they are taking this view?

BarriedaleNick:
The old treasurer is in the wrong here but it doesn't really matter is the accounts are finalised.  The receipts etc are meaningless once the accounts have been audited but the old treasurer is just being an arse as they do belong to the association.

Pescador:
Just seems a bit fishy to me. Why would someone not hand them over if there isn't something to hide?
I thought physical evidence had to be kept for 5 years, but maybe that's no longer true.

Plot 18:
I'd also be wondering what she doesn't want anyone else to see. I know the accounts been finalised but doesn't that just mean that they balanced at audit, I don't think that means that everything was as agreed by the association.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version