Author Topic: ACE's knee  (Read 9672 times)

bridgehouse

• Acre
Re: ACE's knee
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2010, 18:38:47 »

Well done Ace. you have a good sense of humour
Hope you go on o/k.
   June.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2010, 13:37:27 »
Everybody is smiling today, the daughter who passed her test last week has found a nice cheap little VW polo, half the price of what I had in mind to give her. My course of tablets have finished, so a small drinkies tonight :D The Yeti in pink nickers has got me wallpapering and hanging a new chandieler, in exchange for a steak dinner this evening, don't worry it's her dolls house.

There might be one miserable little grandson when he stays next and he finds out I swapped the inner bag out of his sugar puffs for my bag of fruit and fibre. Nobody has twigged it yet they are all happy I ate my breckie without complaining.

Another sad note is that she has got me to sell my banjo, the Yeti hates it and reckons the best way to play it would be with an angle grinder. Evidently 'Oh do what you bloody well like' meant the opposite when I first got it.

I might have to go and see the doc as I am a bit worried that the swelling ain't going down on the knee as fast as I thought it would, some of you have had it done, how long will it be before I can stop this elevation and ice lark? I know I won't be prancing around with a top hat and cane but I thought I would be a bit more mobile by now and the bloody thing clicks now and again which they said it might.

Still I could apply for the Xfactor as 'Ace and his amazing musical knee' a one man band with the knee providing the percussion.

The faithful hound has redeemed itself, he takes messages downstairs tied to his collar, I might invest in a small brandy cask to hang around his neck like a St. Bernard. ;)

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2010, 13:59:56 »
The swelling will take a little while, don't be so impatient. both mine still click 3 years on.
Glad you've finished the mega pills so that proper drinks are now allowed (keep the paracemol handy though)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2010, 16:57:04 »
I can't believe the Yeti could be so cruel getting rid of your banjo, :o a redneck just ain't a redneck without his banjo..   ;D ;D ;D     ;)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2010, 17:10:46 »
Yay! ACE is back - banjo-less but bionic!

Glad it all went well. xxx

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2010, 17:13:58 »
I can't believe the Yeti could be so cruel getting rid of your banjo, :o a redneck just ain't a redneck without his banjo..   ;D ;D ;D     ;)

Ah bet you got a sweet liddle mouth Kev. ;)

If you ever fancy a canoing holiday, head down this way ;D

InfraDig

• Hectare
  • Rochester, Kent
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2010, 17:31:06 »
"Squeal boy"!

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2010, 18:30:05 »
I can't remember either of my knees swelling after replacement operations but I had some horrible open sores on the calf that took ages to clear up.  I don't have nor ever had mine clicking. 

If you are worried about the swelling then give your GP a ring and see what she says.  They will usually ring you back when they are free to discuss any problems.  Is the nurse still coming in and what does she say about it?

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2010, 19:11:54 »
Ace take your wallet out your pocket, it might just relieve the pressure on your knees.  :-X       ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2010, 13:18:57 »
How do you ladies put up with waxing? I had to change the dressing,  but having hairy legs does not go with having sticky plasters ripped off your leg. When I went for a vascectomy years ago they gave me a dry razor and sent me into a booth to shave the family jewels. They ommitted to tell me it was only a small patch to shave so in my ignorance I shaved the lot off and came out of the booth looking like the last turkey in the shop. I know, I know, too much information. But I did not have to suffer the same when the dressing was removed.

They never bothered getting rid of the hair on my legs this time and it really makes your eyes water. 'Sadie' the nurse looked like she really enjoyed herself.  Next milestone is going to see the physio terrorist, I bet they are going to hurt as well.

Anyway had a bit of fun this morning, she took me to sainsburys to get me out of the house, they let me have a shop mobility scooter, don't think they will do that again. whizzing around the shop tooting the horn certainly had all the other shoppers on their toes. Great fun. 

Manouche

• Acre
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2010, 17:26:28 »
well thats put me right off turkeyAce.... chicken for christmas then.
hope Sadie the sadist is gentle with you next time. xxx

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2010, 16:44:09 »
How is the knee now Ace?  And how are you?

asj

• Half Acre
  • Esher, Surrey
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2010, 17:14:46 »
How is the knee now Ace?  And how are you?
Yes - Ace - you're being much too quiet!! Are you ok?
War on slugs and snails!!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2010, 18:19:33 »
After the honeymoon of the hospital medication, it wore off and I am now in a lot of pain with sleepless nights.

The physioterrorists have had me in the gym and assure me everything is going as it should, but with a leg like the elephant man ain't no joke.

Cabin fever sets in quite regulary and I have been branded a miserable old sod.Which has had the desirable effect of getting rid of the visitors who seem to pop in just to see how I am.  I have a lot of work to do researching the themes for next years gardens, so I am often at the computor in the wee small hours, where I can lose myself for a few hours.

But on the bright side. It can only get better.

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2010, 18:46:12 »
my mother reacted badly to both her bionics (and still does sorry to say  :-X) - I reckon she was/is allergic to the titanium, fwiw

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2010, 10:32:46 »
After the honeymoon of the hospital medication, it wore off and I am now in a lot of pain with sleepless nights.

The physioterrorists have had me in the gym and assure me everything is going as it should, but with a leg like the elephant man ain't no joke.

But on the bright side. It can only get better.

Seriously hope so - our local physio has just sorted me out with an effective set of exercises.  All I needed to do, was to actually do them.  Hope you are sleeping better and start feeling the benefits.

Love your wicked sense of humour.   ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2010, 11:01:05 »
Bit of a setback yesterday when I went @rse over breakfast time on some slippery stuff. But went to the physio terrorists later and they said no damage done. The gin treatment worked well last night, after emptying the contents I put the bottle in the fridge to rub on the sore bit, loverly!

The exercises  can be a bit tedious and sometime painful, but I have to get back to normal before Xmas as we are having a huge family do over the holiday. Which should be fun scaring the grandkids with my scar if they start getting out of hand.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2010, 12:39:01 »
So glad you didn't hurt yourself Ace. It would be shame not to be able to scare the grandchildren wouldn't it. You are awful ;) ;D.

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2010, 12:50:14 »
ACE, if I haven't said so already I wanted to tell you that you're attitude to this whole business is an inspiration.  I don't doubt for one minute that it's as trivial an inconvenience as you make out and I wish I could think about my own aches and pains as you do about your lot.  I'm really pleased you're making good progress and I'm sorry about the tumble.  Gin treatment - priceless!
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2010, 12:59:18 »

Chin up Ace, you are doing very well.
   June.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal