Author Topic: ACE's knee  (Read 9684 times)

Paulines7

• Hectare
Re: ACE's knee
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 23:01:22 »
Glad everything has gone well for you ACE and it was not as bad as you thought it would be. 

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2010, 08:16:59 »
Glad you had such a nice time Ace ;) ;D.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2010, 11:03:36 »
Glad you had such a nice time Ace ;) ;D.

Yeh, bit different at home though, She's nicked my bell, mobile, and the phone has dissapeared from the bedroom, and to think she works as getting care put in place for old people! But she is working from home, downstairs at the moment so I will send her an email.
I am not allowed downstairs until the overnight stiffness has gone and I am safe to negotiate the stairs so I have to try and get all the exercises done, but a bacon sarnie and a coffee would certainly help in the healing proccess.

I will scan and post the xray pics the surgeon gave me just in case others are going to have this done just to show it aint as bad as it seems.

District nurse will be around later so a splash of brut and a bit of ACE charm should get her on my side and get her to insist that regular supplies of nourishing food and drink are delivered when ordered. She will see straight through her pretending to be the model caring wife when there are others around. I mean who else would put the malt whisky up high where you can see but not touch. All I've had offered today is fruit and fibre! Who in their right mind eats that stuff anyway? She's been rabbiting on about healthy eating, being regular, do your excercises, comb your hair and stop farting (on fruit and fibre no chance) Nag, nag, nag

Better stop now, there's footsteps coming up the stairs, but no smell of bacon cooking.

asj

• Half Acre
  • Esher, Surrey
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2010, 11:07:14 »
Glad to see you're so happy, ACE  ;D ;D.
War on slugs and snails!!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2010, 11:28:58 »
Glad to hear all went well Ace. Probably taken the ward longer to recover from your stay than it has taken you to recover!!! ;D Take care and make sure you do as you are told.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2010, 11:42:56 »

Had some lovely grub as a mate of mine works in the kitchen. I ticked every box instead of one in each section  except for today when my order comes to my bed and the next patient has to have my choice just for today so he has macaroni cheese and curry sauce tonight.

Ha ha ha, he just makes me laff and laff that one.  ;D ;D ;D
Hope you get up and about soon.
Adrienne
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2010, 12:45:38 »
VBG!  I can picture it!

Hope you will be out and about in no time at all.

Best wishes (and 'good luck' to your wife and the district nurse)

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2010, 16:54:41 »
I was wondering how long it would take for the bell to be removed ;D

small

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2010, 18:11:46 »
Whatever medication they've given you, Ace, can we all have some please?

Manouche

• Acre
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2010, 18:54:25 »
Glad to hear your home, it's good to have you back again. Take care and get downstairs soon. xxx

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 09:39:52 »
Seemed like a step backwards last night, but I have worked it out that the cocktail of tablets and pills have to be spaced out so as to get the maximum benefit and don't get lazy with the excercises.

Still it's less than a week ago I went under the knife so I shall have to learn to stop rushing things.
But I have stopped using the crutches to get about indoors apart from the stairs and just had a stroll around the garden with just one and the other ready just in case. All my gardening tools have been hidden, even though a bit of hoeing would not hurt.

District nurse, blimey! I reckon she would be be better employed as a scaffolder and her helper wasn't much better, she could have least had a shave before she came to see me. Turns out she sometimes works with my wife when one of my wifes clients needs care, so what with  the 3 of them plotting in the kitchen they came under the collective noun of a 'murder'. The brut was wasted on them I will try carbolic next time.

My faithful hound will be back tonight, he has been staying with his mates over at the nursery. Evidently the visiting health workers have been attacked by 'friendly dogs' when they treat their patients as the dogs get protective. Old Flynn would not hurt a fly but I ain't letting them know that. It should stop them just dropping in and interfering with my recovery.

They are also great believers in fruit and fibre for their patients but I bet the pie shop takes a beating when they are about, anyway, number 2 son is sneaking me in a bacon baguette later  when old vinegar drawers has to pop down to her office.

Lovely weather out there so I think I will get a blanket and have a sit in the garden for an hour. I've located my bell, minus the clanger, (ain't she a wicked woman) but I ain't beaten yet. I will whack it with a little rock from the garden that I can smuggle back in.

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 09:48:50 »
I thought I was hard done by when I had my knees done, I didn't have district nurses popping in & I lived on my own above the pub that I was running on my own, but your life sounds sooo much harder, at least I could have a bacon sarnie when I wanted one after I had got downstairs to the kitchen but at least I could spend my evenings with my mates in the bar.
Yes do keep the painkillers spaced out properly & turn the exercises into a religion & you will soon be gardening, but no digging till the spring.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 09:52:47 »
I bet you are living a life of riley really. ;D
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2010, 17:45:08 »
Make sure your boy sneaks in a few cans as well.     ;D ;D ;D    ;)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2010, 19:59:37 »
You be careful how you treat the District Nurse because she will get her own back when she has to take out your staples or stitches. 

Glad all is going well for you.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2010, 11:12:01 »
Glad you are doing so well, and haven't lost your sense of humour ACE. Keep doing what you are supposed to be doing and before you know it you will be back to full mobility again.  Please to hear you are being kept in check in the meantime. lots of love, busy_lizzie x
live your days not count your years

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2010, 13:46:45 »
I had me bacon baguette yesterday, big mistake I've now got a bed full of crumbs. The bell has dissapeared altogether now, so has the air horn my nipper brought me. Bloody thing nearly blew the chandieler off the ceiling and rattled the widow panes. I went deaf for a few minutes after. Don't try these things in enclosed spaces!

She took me out for a drive last night to try and cure my cabin fever. What a nightmare, Dolly Parton on the stereo, stopping at amber lights, driving in a convoy at 25 mph instead of putting her boot to the floor. Every  Nissan Micra (spit) driver was out last night I swear there was a conspiracy going on. We passed hundreds of pubs without a break.

As for my faithful hound, he dropped me right in it. I slipped him my bowl of fruit and fibre  and he got stuck right in, only trouble was he left all the fruit bits in the bottom of the bowl, she soon sussed that one out and I have been given double rations of the bloody stuff today.

I'm on icepacks today to try and get a bit of swelling down. 'Has the swelling gone up to your groin' she said approaching me with a lascivious look in her eye. Blimey! you could have entered me in the paralympic races. I would have won a medal. I had to remind her that my notes say 'no contact sports'

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2010, 17:00:53 »
Ace, sounds like you are doing nicely, OR are you hiding the fact that you are in agony really?.
Get well soon ,  you are cheering us all up with your updates ;D ;D.
Good luck.

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2010, 17:56:26 »
Ace, glad your doing well  ;)

You should write a TV script for this, reminds me of the classics, all better than the crap we have on these days.
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2010, 18:28:07 »
Ace, you're making me laugh out loud.  Your sense of humour reminds me of Spike Milligan - even more so as I'm (still) reading his war memoirs.  Glad you're home and on the mend :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal