Author Topic: ACE's knee  (Read 9800 times)

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
Re: ACE's knee
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2010, 13:23:54 »
take it steady Ace  :)
sanity is overated

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2010, 16:11:29 »
Both chins up Ace.     ;D ;D ;D    :P
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2010, 09:20:43 »
I have just done 10 minutes on the exercise bike this morning, crutches will be handed in the afternoon when I see the physio terrorists. They should sign me off as well today which means I can get out and terrorise some micra (spit) drivers tomorrow when I get the truck back on the road.

Still in pain and sleepless nights  which is when the nerve endings decide they want to join up again and send shooting pains to my leg muscles. A really weird side effect from my medication causes my skin on my hands and feet to dry right up then it all peels of, the rug rats call me snakeman ;D

I have worked out a way to lubricate the knee joint with a diet of toasted teacakes for brekkie absolutely loaded with butter, just a snack mind you, followed with a good fry up, sausages, bacon, kidneys, black pudding, fried bread, eggs sunnyside up, mushrooms, tomatoes and a couple of slices of crusty bread also loaded with butter to dip into the yokes.

Should see me through to my elevenses.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2010, 09:39:07 »
Blimey ACE :o..after all that for breakie you will need new knee for carry your full tummy around.
All Micra drivers are out and about with their excellent winter vehicles..It will be for while before you have chance to catch them up..even without crutches. ;D
Good to hear that your "ASBO" is over and from underneath all that shedded skin there might surface a new.... ???

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2010, 10:16:53 »
Good news - keep going, but PLEASE mind the ice!

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2010, 10:21:55 »
It's less Gin with the ice he needs to watch  ;D

and the peeling Ace, that happened to my mother's knee and hip ops (allergy to the titanium) went on for months and they won't let her have any more bionics  :o

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2010, 11:52:30 »
So it's back to old washing up,hovering and chandelier dusting for you then my lad eh Ace. ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2010, 12:17:27 »

and the peeling Ace, that happened to my mother's knee and hip ops (allergy to the titanium) went on for months

Blimey! I did not think of that. Did it clear up? That's all I need,  I refuse to pay for anything in the shops, because it looks so terrible. I will have to wear gloves.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2010, 13:48:10 »
 Ace, ask the DR or nurse for some  DERMOL CREAM excellent stuff.

take it easy when you go out & about .
All the best. ;D

calendula

• Hectare
    • homeopathy
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2010, 14:47:49 »

and the peeling Ace, that happened to my mother's knee and hip ops (allergy to the titanium) went on for months

Blimey! I did not think of that. Did it clear up? That's all I need,  I refuse to pay for anything in the shops, because it looks so terrible. I will have to wear gloves.

not wanting to be alarmist, although just writing that induces it  ;D but it has never gone away completely - it peeled and peeled, was very hot and red (both ops) and it also looked awful, actually looked worse than it felt sometimes, swelled up sometimes making the skin stiff - but overall extended her suffering considerably - hope this is not the case for you

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2010, 16:00:28 »
My daughter had a problem of allergy to steel from a spinal op.  I understood that titanium was supposed to cause fewer problems.   I rather felt that they should have got her to wear a metal bracelet first.  I would suggest you try a titanium bracelet and if that causes problems if might indicate where the problem lies.  Just seen the price of titanium perhaps not such a good idea.

Docs did not like the word allergy and called it an adverse reaction. 

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2010, 16:32:49 »
Ace has always wanted to be apeeling, anyway all the best Flakey.    ;D ;D ;D    ;)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

calendula

• Hectare
    • homeopathy
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2010, 16:51:33 »
Ace has always wanted to be apeeling, anyway all the best Flakey.    ;D ;D ;D    ;)

that would be corny flakes then would it   ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2010, 17:47:59 »
  I would suggest you try a titanium bracelet

Wear a bracelet!!! I would rather have the gloves than walk around like an old Doris with jangley bits on my wrists. I got great big pot of jollop from the doc, that should do the trick. Takes a bit of rubbing in so the dogs coat looks nice and shiney where I have been stroking him to get rid of the excess.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2010, 18:51:52 »
I was not suggesting that you need to walk around in it jangling etc.  It only needs to be long enough to see if you are sensitive to it.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2010, 10:23:14 »
people have been admiring my aligator shoes, trouble is I am barefoot. Soon be sorted though, it ain't an alergy, I need more vitamin c  a bit like scurvy, suites me I am partial to a slice of lime in my gin ;D

Not long now and I will be able to fulfill a lifetime ambition and dance a tango, which is  like doing something in the vertical position that should really be horizontal. ;)

I shall go to dancing classes, because I will need a partner, the Yeti will not entertain it in any way but to be fair she really isn't built for the job. She's, er, how can I say it? well you wouldn't call her dainty.

brownowl23

• Acre
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2010, 11:08:15 »
Ace - I hope im nowhere near you, but if you so see me in my mums micra (spit) please dont terrorise me, I hate the car enough as it is.
Im uaed to driving an MPV not a tin can on wheels but i'd need a winch to get my mum in my car, so I have to drive hers to get her to her hospital appointments.

Glad your recovery is going well and I hope the snake skin improves soon.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2010, 11:36:27 »
See if you can get it into spacewarp 25mph.You will hit the headlines if you could manage it. There I was feeling sorry for myself, but it just goes to prove there are people who are worse of. You could take it in for its 45mile service, they might lend you something else for the day, then forget where you left it. ;D

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2010, 00:40:07 »
....Soon be sorted though, it ain't an alergy, I need more vitamin c  a bit like scurvy, suites me I am partial to a slice of lime in my gin ;D

You deserved all that was coming to you ACE, because I remember you saying you gave your fruit and fibre to your dog!!  Had you had eaten it yourself, you may have avoided peeling hands as the cereal has fortified vitamins in it.   ::)    ;D ;D

We are going "abroad" to the IOW with our caravan in May and will be staying near Sandown.  I can't remember what side of the road they drive on over there but I expect we will take up most of the carriageway and hold everyone up.   ;D ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2010, 04:27:15 »

We are going "abroad" to the IOW with our caravan in May and will be staying near Sandown.  I can't remember what side of the road they drive on over there but I expect we will take up most of the carriageway and hold everyone up.   ;D ;D

We don't do sides over here, the roads are too narrow. ;D  Where o you go, Adgestone? I often stay on the Andover road at Hillside near you when we venture to the North island.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal