Produce > Pests & Diseases

Goodies or badies?

<< < (2/3) > >>

tim:
To think that, at 10, I used to sun-print my home developed  negatives - & later went on to develop & print Dufaycolour in the late '40s. = Tim

Mrs Ava:
ooooo Ina, for me they are the biggest and baddest baddies of all!  They have decimated my brocolli!  And they are 'orrible to squash!  But, now I know fishes will eat them I think the kids and I will get up to the plot tomorrow with a couple of jam jars and the kids can go caterpillar hunting and then feed them to their fishy friends!  ;D

Multiveg:
Maybe the cabbage whites prefer the nasturtiums? One year, having read a book on companion planting (think it was a translation from Dutch?), I planted nasturtiums next to my dad's french beans as we had problems with blackfly the year before - not a single aphid on the beans, but my nasturtiums looked a bit worse for wear!
Maybe you should try nasturtiums as a trap crop...

cflossy:
I planted nasturtiums next to my cabbages and the caterpillers absolutely devastated the cabbages but did not even look at the nasturtiums >:( , I was picking at least what seems like 100 a night off. even had nightmares about the blighters!
the cabbages and the caterpillers had to go.  :'(
have cocooned my puple sprouting broccoli tho. I defy them to get in!!!!

Doris_Pinks:
Plant my nasturtiums in front of my runners every year........the black fly  feast on my flowers and seem to leave the beans alone! ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version