Author Topic: Bloody Coppers  (Read 13458 times)

Sinbad7

• Hectare
Re: Bloody Coppers
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2008, 21:20:24 »
Mr Smith, I didn't have feral parents, they didn't get £20 family allowance for me and they didn't go to the pub either but I am not keen on the police as a whole.

I have a friend who is a policeman and very nice he is too but if asked I would have to say I don't like the police as a whole and I think this attitude towards the police force depends on one's experiences you have had with them in the past.  Mine haven't been good, so nothing whatever to do with my parents.

Sinbad

banshee

• Half Acre
  • Watched over by Nya
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2008, 21:43:48 »
Personally I do not have any problem with the police force, I think that most of the time they do a good job but like sinbad has said I do think a lot comes down to your own personal experiences with them. I do think that many of the 'minor' things like the spot/fuel checks can become time wasting and that there must be something or some way of reducing the valuable time for both the policing services and the public with regards this.
I didn't realise that a topic could get so heated!
Little garden plot, tended by faeiries, eaten by snails............

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2008, 07:26:45 »
Sinbad,
      In my post have I said 'Sinbad comes from feral parents'? no ya can't, like reports you see in the papers every day the country does have a problem with Feral youth :)

Vony

• Acre
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2008, 18:19:22 »
Whether its the weather, food bills, electric bills, murders.  kidnapping. theft and burglary, is all controlled by the PRESS, take from it as you wish, don't believe all of the trash you read,   two of my children are in the Police one an Inspector GO9 squad, and the other in Special branch.

If your home was burgled tonight and your wife and children were raped who would you look to.

We are fortunate to have a truly excellent Police force but with people there can be human error, and people that will abuse any system, even your own work mates.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2008, 18:46:53 »
Don,t have much to do with the police, thank heavens! but I was a bit concerned when  police came to the offices I clean saying a alarm was going off. I checked with the member of staff still in the building who confirmed all was well ,it was then he named the firm next door and when we stepped outside we could hear the alarm going off,NEXT door as I said bit concerned about the intelligence of someone who cannot see a sign or hear where a alarm is coming from
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2008, 23:06:42 »
Valmarg - they may well have believed her - what should they have done then - it wouldn't have stopped the nutty boyfriend from killing her.  You say the police let her down very badly - if the was that threatened her family friends and acquaintances also let her down badly - where were they?  If the girl was that frightened why not move to somewhere safe?

Oldbird, are you being completely obtuse.  That poor girl was being stalked, and sought help from the local police force.  They did absolutely nothing.  They could have arrested him, they could have issued restraining orders against him.  The 'family and friends' were as destraught as she was in trying to get her help, but the police did NOTHING.

I suppose her biggest problem was that she was not rich and famous.

valmarg

]

Vony

• Acre
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2008, 05:37:39 »
I suppose anyone can pick up on an isolated situation where a company or trained Armed Forces (Iraq) can get it wrong, even football players kicking the ball into there own net. errors of judgement are made we all are human.

But reading through the book written by Jonathan Aitken a born again Christian after going to Prison,  Comments on how 90% of the prisoners behind bars cannot read or write, and it's generally accepted that those people are  the none achievers of our society,on low income all of who made the choice of trying to cheat society.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2008, 09:21:53 »
written by Jonathan Aitken a born again Christian

I find it best not to spend too much time listening to people with imaginary friends...

Lacelotte

• Half Acre
  • Livin', lovin', lovin' livin' it's all good!
    • Britons Against The 'Church' of $cientology
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2008, 10:52:51 »

I find it best not to spend too much time listening to people with imaginary friends...

As a Christian I find that remark a bit off, but then again I also detest the phrase "born again Christian".  **cringe** so I'm not going to pass any further comment on the matter ;D

Vony

• Acre
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2008, 11:33:17 »

As a Christian I find that remark a bit off, but then again I also detest the phrase "born again Christian".  **cringe** so I'm not going to pass any further comment on the matter ;D   

Sorry to have been offensive, but I met Jonathan Aitkin, at a church meeting back at Christmas time when he gave a talk about his life in Prison,  and how he became a scribe for many inmates,  I should of used  better terminology by saying " given a second chance in life"

Respectfully yours
Vony.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 11:39:47 by Vony »

Flunky

• Acre
  • In Sunny Narfook.
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2008, 12:38:54 »
 ;) Ok, we are doing well here, so far :-

We have the police, fire, unions and religion.

If anyone else can think of another group thats been missed can we please start there.

thanks in anticipation.

F.

Lacelotte

• Half Acre
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2008, 12:55:00 »
Vony, no need to apologise. Many people refer to themselves as "born again". It just happens to make me cringe lol. I don't understand why anybody would call themselves that. But each to their own I suppose.

Shane

P.S. nobody has mentioned those bloody trains yet!

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2008, 13:45:32 »
Haha - Flunky sussed me! Most of my family are Godly people, Lacelotte (especially my sister in law who's a vicar!)... I just said that for a bit more controversy, no offence intended!

Now, what about football? Can't stand it myself...

Vony

• Acre
« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2008, 15:44:25 »
Does one every understand life, I have a daughter in Special branch terrorist unit with three commendations and for the past year has thought about retirement venturing into Ministerial training, without telling us her parents !!

Maybe she has seen enough of the streets of London and discovered another world.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 15:46:20 by Vony »

silly billy

• Acre
« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2008, 16:01:31 »

;D ;D ;D ;D
My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in. Bill Shankly.

Lacelotte

• Half Acre
« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2008, 16:18:55 »
Ollie your SISTER is a vicar?! You mean a female vicar!!! Gordon forbid!!! What is this world coming to?! Female Clergy?! Next you will be telling me the Americans have appointed a homosexual Arch Bishop!!!  ;D

And as for football!! It's a good job Darlington are absolutely rubbish!! They would have dragged the class of league 1 football down. They just cannot compete with teams of great calibre like Hartlepool United.  ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 16:38:18 by Lacelotte »

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2008, 20:05:58 »
I've been away for the weekend so have just read all five pages in one go, jesus christ what have you lot been smoking since I've been away, started off slagging the old bill and ended up talking about monkey hangers.  :o  ??? :-\      ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2008, 20:28:28 »
I've been away for the weekend so have just read all five pages in one go, jesus christ what have you lot been smoking since I've been away, started off slagging the old bill and ended up talking about monkey hangers.  :o  ??? :-\      ;D ;D ;D

God question, never thought my little moan would get 96 replies.  :o

Flunky

• Acre
  • In Sunny Narfook.
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2008, 10:01:13 »

I am glad someone said it, I was going to use the monkey hanger line thought better of it. Aparently the good people of hartlepool are very touchy about the "french" person incident.

Chilipepper

• Half Acre
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2008, 10:12:11 »

I am glad someone said it, I was going to use the monkey hanger line thought better of it. Aparently the good people of hartlepool are very touchy about the "french" person incident.
hmmmmm
l

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal