Author Topic: Chelsea Virgin  (Read 2127 times)

glosterwomble

• Hectare
  • Gloucester - The South West
    • Fork it...a Gloucester allotment
Chelsea Virgin
« on: May 21, 2008, 22:03:20 »
So, finally at loooooooong last I have managed to book the time off work and am organised enough to have tickets to Chelsea on Friday. I've always wanted to go but never got my backside into gear to book tickets etc. I took the advice of a great friend who knows her stuff and bought afternoon tickets (3-8pm)

Anyone got any tips on what's best to look at or what to do?? I'd like to get the most out of the day, we're staying with a friend in London quite near to the site.

I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D
View my blog on returning a totally
 overgrown plot in Gloucester
 into a productive allotment ... http://fork-in-hell.blogspot.com/

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Chelsea Virgin
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 22:17:37 »
Hope you have a great time but save some money for our open day... we are cheap!!  ::)

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 22:31:32 »
You lucky person you.Havve a great time and then tell us all about it ;D

glosterwomble

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 23:04:32 »
Hope you have a great time but save some money for our open day... we are cheap!!  ::)
  .... I really don't know how to reply to that Saddad!!! I have to say (how sad is this, in the nicest possible way!) I am as excited to be coming to your open day as I am chelsea!!

You lucky person you.Havve a great time and then tell us all about it ;D
And thank you betula, I'm sure I will love it, my poor OH will be dragged around the show but he is a saint to my whims etc. and does humour me!!  ::)

glosterwomble

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 08:27:08 »
I'm bumping this back up as we leave late this afternoon and I want lots of advice from you all!!!! ;)

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 09:35:24 »
My recollection is finding that fine balance between being polite and barging your way to the front so you can see the show gardens.

Personally I target the big show gardens first as Chelsea is the top place to see these kinds of things, and most of us don't get to see these kinds of designs in the flesh too often. 

If you get to any other shows, then the grand pavillion is a walk through, if you don't, then the grand pavillion is magic and double heaven for plant lovers.

Then whatever you've got time for.  I ignore the sundries, furniture and other stuff as it's too rich for my taste & I can always look at the ads in posh gardening magazines.

Take a SMALL rucksack & put in water, sunscreen, wetwipes and some energy bars, catering on-site is expensive.  Comfy shoes and style be dammed.  And most of all, just enjoy the atmosphere.

Then go to Hampton Court next year and do the same without the same husle, bustle & cruch.  ( But Chelsea's still the best experience)

Drool at Chris B for me is you see him & smile at Alan T.

Cheers
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

glosterwomble

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 12:56:22 »
Thanks Froglets, exactly the sort of advice I was looking for!  ;)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 21:03:53 »
Too late for GW, but daughter 2 and I went today. We had a great time, and the best of all we thought, was the George Harrison garden.
Unlike Frogslegs we love looking at the sundries and drooling. It really gives you ideas (if I had spare dosh I could have spent a small fortune on metalwork, have a look at www.straysparks.co.uk) and also www.fletcherandmyburgh.co.uk for fabulous garden swings. Certainly gave me the 'I wants' ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal