Author Topic: Bloody Coppers  (Read 13333 times)

Lacelotte

• Half Acre
  • Livin', lovin', lovin' livin' it's all good!
    • Britons Against The 'Church' of $cientology
Re: Bloody Coppers
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2008, 11:06:01 »
Aparently the good people of hartlepool are very touchy about the "french" person incident.

Non, non, non, non, non Missieur! We aren't touchy about it.  ;D Most Hartlepudlians take the whole incident as a running joke, some are quite proud of it. Always interesting to note that it's the plastic Hartlepudlians of war torn British West Hartlepool (not even the real Harltepool!) that are most proud of it.

Those with a bit of sense know that the 'monkey' that washed ashore and was hung was more likely to have been a poor French powder monkey (a young lad who ran gun powder from the magazine store to the guns on ships). But that version isn't as fun lol.

Bloody shandy drinking southerners  :P

« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 11:15:18 by Lacelotte »

Flunky

• Acre
  • In Sunny Narfook.
« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2008, 12:03:16 »
Ok, ok point taken  ;D

You are right would not of been as fun if not for an "actual" monkey.

The offence bit came in from an article I read in a magazine called bizarre. I thought it was a great story. But they said it was almost a swear word up t'north.

bloomin nothern monkey LOL.  ;D  ;D (please, no offence intended)

F.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2008, 20:49:41 »
I knew Lacelotte wouldn't be offended thats why I said it, as I have said before the OH comes from Hartlepool, apart from a bloke at work none that I have met have been offended, I even go and watch pools when I'm up there and Lace I don't drink shandy make mine a camerons touch.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2008, 21:15:23 »
Whilst I should have to say that my previous posts on this site have not been terribly pro police.  One thing I am 100% behind is the fact that they should receive their full pay rise.

They have been awarded it by an independent pay review body.  They should receive the amount awarded in full.

For Gordon Brown/Jaqui Smith the person behind this cheapskate decision is Gordon Brown, in the same way that 'milk snatcher thatcher was only implementing grocer Heath's policies.

valmarg

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2008, 21:22:33 »
Whilst I should have to say that my previous posts on this site have not been terribly pro police.  One thing I am 100% behind is the fact that they should receive their full pay rise.

Couldn't agree more.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2008, 12:12:25 »
Makes you think though - people who were prepared to fight with lazy striking miners, wanting the right to strike...

Flunky

• Acre
  • In Sunny Narfook.
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2008, 17:18:24 »
Makes you think though - people who were prepared to fight with lazy striking miners, wanting the right to strike...

And they're off......

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2008, 17:49:36 »
in the blue corner.....

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2008, 20:50:53 »
Seconds out   ding ding   :o     :-X       ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2008, 22:15:20 »
Don't Shoot!! It's only a table leg!!/ I'm in a hurry to catch a train/ I've got a beard and am naked on my stairs.......
You couldn't make it up!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal