Author Topic: Pond plants again....sorry  (Read 2767 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Pond plants again....sorry
« on: April 05, 2007, 22:14:08 »
This is just a little beg really - cheeky I know.  If any of you are splitting plants this spring, or bits fall off your lovely pond plants and you don't want them, I would love them.  Our new pond is 3 times the size of the old one with a lovely wide shelf which I want to fill with plants.  Cheeky, yes, but if you don't ask, you don't get.  :)

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
Re: Pond plants again....sorry
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 22:20:46 »
Just asked OH if he is planning to split his flag irises again - he did it last year & we had loads going begging.  He said he'd see at the weekend how they are doing. 

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 22:34:05 »
Brilliant Mary - happy planting face here!  ;D

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 19:24:25 »
 You had some white iris last year from me. Are they doing ok. I also have some variegated iris that produces lovely blue flowers if you would like some. Also a few sprigs of lobelia cardinalis.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 22:41:16 »
Hiya Shirl, yup, they are doing great in a barrel at the moment along with my gunera - I have them in waiting.  Would love some of the of the blue and the lobelia.  Do you want to do the same as we did last year??  ;D ;D ;D ;D

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 18:15:35 »
ok will send after the hols ok.
                             I want em saying

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 23:34:21 »
If you see anything you fancy in my pond pic. Emma, just say.  OH I am sure will be pleased    ahem   to split it for you.  We haven't looked at our pond this year yet... ::) ::)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 18:03:22 »
Hi Emma jane. send me your addy again cos I don't keep them. I will s ned you the iris , lobelia and a bit of mauve lobelia. Its the same as the cardinalis but is a much greener leaf and of course is mauve,
                             I want em saying

sweet-pea

• Hectare
  • Wisley
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 11:35:55 »
Hi Emma

I have some pieces of Wild iris I could send, and some kind of grassy reed thing, but I don't know what type it is.
You'll need to PM me with your address by 5pm tomorrow if your interested as I'm planning on composting the lot at the weekend.

SP x

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 18:04:27 »
Hi Emma. Have posted your goodies this evening. I forgot to put the mauve lobelia in, but it probably would have been a bit boisterous for your pool. I have sent you the variegated iris the lobelia cardinalis and I've also put you a fern plant that had self set in the rockery. It will grow to about 2ft across in a few years but it looks very impressive when it throws its new leaves in the spring. I leave the old leaves on until this time of year and the new fronds begin to uncurl. You will also find a tiny round leaved plant growing on the iris roots. This is bittercress. Its like a white water violet. You can plant it up on its own and then make your mind up if you like it.I haven't cleaned the plants off so you will probably get a bit of fairy moss too. I love it but some folks don't. Hope they arrive safely. Love Shirl
                             I want em saying

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 23:39:47 »
Thanks Shirl and sweetpea.  I received your pm's.  Our pond is going to look FANTASTIC!  ;D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 18:36:06 »
Thanks for the plants Shirlton and Sweetpea.  They are now sitting in the pond looking fab!  I need to keep my eyes peeled now for some lilies for the deep section of pond, but what a difference the plants have made already.  In a few weeks as they start into full growth, I shall take some photos to show off.  ;D

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 18:38:43 »
So glad to be of assistance Emma Jane. You really can't beat a naturally planted pool. I hope you have many hours of enjoyment with it.
                             I want em saying

cardinalflower

• Half Acre
  • Love the smell of lilacs .....
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 01:26:00 »
Hi EJ,
I have a very large carex pendula, that am going to be splitting; think it's a pond/ bog plant. Let me know if you want some, i'll post you a chunky fat root over the next few weeks. They take really quickly and have long droopy cats tail flower thingies.

:P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal