Produce > Edible Plants

Toms

<< < (3/11) > >>

Ceri:
I've read similar - something about japanese gardeners brush seedlings stems gently once a day with a very soft artists' paintbrush

wetandcold:
Can you speak to them when you stroke them or would the more established plants get jealous? ;)

ina:
No!!!! I wil NOT or maybe I will, No I won't.......I WILL wait a bit longer. Last week of februari or the first of march to sow tomatoes. I just can't stand it, wish you guys would hush your mouths hahahaha, you are making in so hard. Isn't it fun to see the first seeds breaking through the soil? Are we going to get a bumper tomato year again like last year? Good luck everybody.

tim:
What a brave lot! I'm very envious.
With 6 deg frost at the end of April, and cold house temp still at 40 deg in JUNE - I truly dursn't!! Not for another month.

And, really, does one gain significantly by jumping the gun by a week or two? Doesn't everything catch up as the temps rise? Most things hate a check, and with us they usually get it.

How about a prize - or honourable mention - for the first tom in heat, in frame, and outdoors? If you are in the Azores, there will be considerable weighting! = Tim

ina:
Yes Tim, I think you are right but..................impatience wins out hahaha. Gain? What's to gain? Fun Tim, fun to see them little bitty tomato plants popping up out of the soil and nothing to lose but a few seeds because one can always sow new in a month if need be. Still, I'm going to wait a bit and just enjoy the happy news from others here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version