Allotment Stuff > Allotment Movement

Hi I'm the new girl

(1/3) > >>

pembo:
Well, I have to be honest. I'm a Mum of 6, 58 yrs old and wanting to learn all I can from youz all.  I have been offered a plot in my daughter's garden, good size but covered in flag stones.  Big job to sort it out.  But sort it out I will!  Determined to 'grow my own'  with a view to getting an allotment.  This is my mini allotment to see how I get on.  Reading all the entries on this site, I know I shall learn loads...
Does anyone know of a good mag I can be getting in the meantime.  For thickoes like me, very green at all this.  I tired one that dealt with chickens and pigs as well as veggies.  Bit too much really!! ??? ???

westsussexlottie:
Agree - Kitchen Garden. But reading on here is more valuable!

Mrs Ava:
Welcome Pembo!  Sounds like you are going to keep yourself out of mischief and working hard all summer long!

I would agree that Kitchen Garden mag is excellent.  It covers pretty much everything and is easy reading. ;D

slugcatcher:
Hi Pembo
hope you enjoy yourself here. You will get all the help you need they are a nice bunch.
Just ask a question and you will get an answer, even if you think its something simple.
Good luck with your plot
Ron

djbrenton:
Welcome Pembo

Hee's your first really good tip - remove the flagstones from the growing area rather than trying to dig them into the soil. It's far easier - honest. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version