Allotment Stuff > Allotment Movement

Bowing out

<< < (10/10)

rosebud:
Sleep in heavenly peace Merv,awake in gods garden of peace and beauty. :'( :'(

teresa:
Rosebud, what beautiful words,
Hot potato, nice to know what others do to help I wish I could go inside and support but would end up in tears like when father in law was in one for his finial days.
Jesserve, good luck for tomorrow let us know how you get on.
If we all do a little something in the memory of Merv who touch so many of us here. His passing something good will come of it.

Jesse:
Well I phoned my local Hospice yesterday and after speaking with them for a while it seems the best way I can help is to make donations, I would not be able to volunteer time (for example working in their charity shop) because I don't have regular hours and days that I can commit to. So I have decided that I'm going to get together all my gardening stuff that I no longer use, seeds, tools, books etc. and any gardening bits that I can scrounge from family and friends and sell them on ebay. The money I make from the sale of these things I'm going to donate to my local Hospice. If I manage to raise some money this way then I may have a sale on Ebay once a year. What do you think?

teresa:
Jesseveve thats great,
Do check with ebay they do charity auctions and you can regester as a charity seller may be the fees will be free?
also state in the add that all funds go to a local hospice may be in you members profile?
I am sure many here will send you seeds I for one
pm me you address

Andy H:
What a guy, took time to reply to us...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version