Allotment Stuff > Allotment Movement

Bowing out

<< < (9/10) > >>

teresa:
Its sad to think that by now we have most likly lost Merv.
A man who touched our hearts so brave to tell us all his problem. I hope the end was peacefull for him.
I wish him what I wished for my mum:
A large garden upstairs where they can grow all the plants they like for free.
Cyber hugs Merv

Jesse:
Only just seen this post  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(. Wish there was something I could do to make a difference.

teresa:
Jesseveve and all

The local hospice is normaly the last resting place and some patience have no family befriend someone inside if your strong enough.
Or get your lottie sec to do a bring and buy sale of lottie goods etc and raise some funds for your local hospice every little helps.
Our hospice you can buy a light bulb on there Christmas tree each year I get two all helps.
Go and see what they need even if you end up fundraising.

Jesse:
Thanks Teresa, I don't know if I'm strong enough to be there to support someone but I plan to phone my local hospice tomorrow to see if there is some other way I can help, like you say fund raising or something. Thanks.

Hot_Potato:
Yes,Teresa is right - there are many other ways in which to support your local hospice. Not everyone, for whatever reasons, cannot actually, physically or emotionally get to or attend a hospice.

For years, my own dear Mum used to make pretty cards and other little needlework items 'til her failing sight made this impossible, then would organise sales in the sheltered housing scheme she still lives in now in Chelmsford. Also, both my parents (altho I've just lost my dear Dad), my brother & I all contribute towards a weekly 'lottery' Farliegh Hospice run by them to help raise more funds and every Christmas I sell raffle tickets.

Wherever dear Merv is, let's hope & pray he's surrounded by love.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version