Allotment Stuff > Locations and Sites

New Recycling Ideas(I CAN? CAN YOU?)

(1/94) > >>

JRP:
 :)Hi every one,if you want to see a allotment plot that's made from at least 9,000 waste plastic containers, and a lot of unwanted wooden pallets. Please take a look a my own website www.recycling.moonfruit.com there you will see lots of photo proof of what I have done,and the way I do things. Designed by me to help save lives and to also help to reduce some of our waste plastic containers and unwanted wooden pallets going in to landfill sites. To find out more please post here. If you are interested in recycling and saving lives too. John JRP.

ken (69):
Couldn't view your site, John, something to do with Active x and this computer security system, but am heavy into recycling..what's that phrase..re-use,recycle, don't buy in the first place.Figure my dry  bin will need emptying every 6 months.PS what do I do with one litre waxed milk cartons,complete with re-sealable flip lid?

clairenpaul:
We have kerbside recycling for cans, bottles, clothing etc but not plastic although our council do provide facilities for recycling plastic bottles etc at the local 'tip' - just defeats the object having to drive there to take them.
 We manage to use most of them for something. One of our dogs is expert plastic bottle crusher (2year old german shep born with urge to collect and crush pop bottles etc) - he even finds them while we're out walking and chrunches them flat so at least any spares don't take up much room storing them!! May have to hire him out...

Mrs Ava:
Wow! Great site and very very interesting!  I cut my plassy milk polybottles up into plant labels.  Ava uses them as nut/bolt/screw/nail containers in the garage with the tops cut off ala Tommy Walshe.  Small plassy bottles and the tops from my fabric softner all go down to the plot as cane covers to save my eyes.  Plastic veggie trays that things like mushrooms come in end up in the greenhouse as seed trays, seed tray covers or pot holders.  I hate throwing away plastic  and polystyrene and try to use it as much as possible before it ends up in the bin.  Polystyrene goes in the bottom of my pots as 'crocks'.

moonbells:
I guess I'm lucky where I am, as there's a mini-recycling centre by the gates of the allotments so any plastic or glass bottles get popped in as I go for a dig!
We also have kerbside paper and glass, and there's an aluminium can bank at work so I never need to make special journeys to recycle. I think this is how it should be.

I recycle every scrap of card or paper that doesn't have personal data on (they get burnt), compost all the veg matter, so I reckon we've got the household throwaway rubbish down to half a sack a week now.

moonbells

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version