Produce > Under Glass

Turn milk cartons into plant pots and cloches

<< < (2/7) > >>

Roy Bham UK:

--- Quote from: Lily on March 08, 2005, 16:45:43 ---I've started turning the plastic 2ltr and 4ltr milk cartons into plant pots and little cloches. 
--- End quote ---

Hi Lily, I thought of using Milk containers but wondered if being opaque would slow down the growth rate? ???

wardy:
Roy   I don't think it matters it being opaque.  I've pinched the idea off my lotty neighbour and she has them all over everything (last season that is) and she seemed to think they worked.  I think she must have been satisfied with the results as I notice they are all neatly stashed in her shed.  I know they're still in her shed as I borrow her barrow as I haven't got one - a shed or a barrow  :)

NattyEm:
Aqui do you use clear cups? I've just been using clear cups then it occured to me, will it matter if the roots stray to the endge of the pot and the light gets to them?

carrot-cruncher:
Pot noodle pots - great for planting larger seeds such as pumpkins.

Also those Baxters fresh soup pots - same as above

Empty 2-litre pop bottles - have cut the bottom off, chucked the cap & now used as individual cloches.

Small pop bottles - finials for canes

carpet - weed suppresant

CC

wardy:
Has anyone seen the "mini propagators" that they sell Bisto yorkshire puds in?  Well that's what I'm using it for  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version