Author Topic: packing my long johns  (Read 2034 times)

ACE

• Hectare
packing my long johns
« on: August 13, 2012, 13:49:13 »
I've taken all my winter woolies out of storage for my annual trip up north to the frozen wastelands at the end of this week, do you think I should pack my snow shoes as well? Staveley is my final destination but I have a big bag of pennies to throw to the street urchins as we pass through the different hamlets. I also have a few unfinished jars of petit foie gras to bung in the food bank.

I shall be strolling about and you will be able recognise me as I shall have a rolled up copy of the Independant under my arm. Just tap me on the shoulder and shout  'You are Lobby Lob and I claim my ten bob'. You never know you might get lucky.

Might have a pint or three in a pub, but I shall be bringing some southern brews with me as half measures of fizzy gnats P never reaches the spot. I shall also bring the Mondeo and leave the convertable at home, just to fit in.  The Yeti in pink knickers will not let me wear the Brut as she reckons I smell like an over fifties divorcee on a speed dating walk. So it will be Dunhill just for this trip.

Wave to me as I pass.

pumkinlover

Re: packing my long johns
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 14:22:45 »
Actually after some lovely days  here the weather is now changing to cooler and changeable!!

If you need pointing to the best places to buy tripe, faggots and pig's trotters just let us know.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 14:32:05 »
Code: [Select]
best places to buy faggots...just to make sure you understand our delicacies..pumpkinlover is referring to food!
We don't eat blokes with appetite for same sex ..though you might find them in sale if required :-X ;D ;)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 14:33:56 by goodlife »

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 14:48:53 »
'Faggots for tea, she gave me faggots for tea, bye bye baby, goodbye'

I little song I know sung to 'save your kisses for me' ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 17:15:25 »
Pack your wooly Y fronts Ace and don't forget the huskies, lashings of black pudding or pea's pudding should hit the spot.    :D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 18:39:41 »
MMM..proper chips and peas pudding and none of that imitation southern stuff..  ;);D
You are truly lucky to come up north..

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 19:49:13 »
Pack your wooly Y fronts Ace

I've got a cashmere cod piece that should keep the family jewels nice and snug.

pumkinlover

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 20:56:20 »
Of course you will need to  buy ferrets and wear a flat cap, to get that truly local experience ;)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 18:45:32 »
I've arrived back home safe and sound to the sunny sarf coast, I was starting to get webbed feet with all the rain up north. Though I must say that it ain't half bad up there, but ain't the natives bloody nosey. Strangers accosting me in the street with a quick nod and 'hello ducks where do you come from? then they want your life history. None of them went away with the same story and they believe any old cods wallop you tell them. I was the secret millionaire, Phil Harding from time team, the prisoner of Zenda, I was even a descendant of Robin Hood when we went to the forest in Nottingham. Met up with Pumpkinlover and husband for a few drinks and I was going to pop in to Walsall Road allotments but got held up behind a Nissan Micra (spit) and ran out of time.

Eventually ended up at Winchester for a few days and had a spot with a celidh band for an evening while the Yeti buggered off on a hen night with future Daughter in law. I got back today, strange how you can start off in autumn in Brum and end up back in the summer a few days later. Now I have to loose a few pounds after my northern diet of suet puddings and meat pies so I can fit into a suite for the wedding.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 19:12:44 »
Glad you had a good time Ace
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal