Author Topic: This odd weather  (Read 1279 times)

Gordonmull

• Acre
  • Grangemouth. On clay, becoming clay loam...slowly
This odd weather
« on: September 01, 2012, 21:53:15 »
I'm not long back from visiting my parents on the Isle of Mull, who informed me, after my grouching about how things have been over here on the East coast, that they've had the best summer they've seen in years. Normally the Western Isles are wet, very wet. Mrs and I were out walking and the bogs were just completely dry. To give some indication of how my homeland is, my perchant for Doc Martins as permentant footwear are because they look ok for casual wear and don't let in water off-road.

So, now you know who to blame, folks. The Mull-folk stole summer!

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
Re: This odd weather
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 11:26:48 »
I too had heard that some parts of scotland had experienced a very good mild summer.... Odd isn't it?
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Gordonmull

• Acre
  • Grangemouth. On clay, becoming clay loam...slowly
Re: This odd weather
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 01:47:59 »
It's almost like the weather's been switched round with the NW getting unheard of goodness and everybody else drowning. Ah well, still they deserve at least one good summer in 20.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal