Author Topic: Lack of wildlife  (Read 2399 times)

skypilot

• Quarter Acre
    • Photo Page
Lack of wildlife
« on: March 07, 2005, 21:46:05 »
I was a bit worried that in the time that I have visited my lottie over the past week, I haven't seen much wild life. Mark you it has been rather cold here in Dundee nothing compared to SE England though.
Today however, was absolutely beautiful with temperatures in the 50's and everyonecame out to play.  :)

Little Jenny Wren popped up on the edge of the cold frame as I bent down to pick up a bucket and then flitted around the garden.

Next, the old blackbird popped in for worms as I rested after digging, he must have thought Christmas was late, there were come nice big juicy ones there  ;D

Then a couple of Crows perched on the cherry tree in the cemetery at the end of the garden, just having a nosey and then flew off after a while.

Finally a pair of wood pigeon's landed on the fence opposite for a short visit, well fed bird s they looked too - I wonder why  :-

Two or three other species visited too but I didn't recognise them.

So perhaps spring is here at last  ;D
Here are some pics of my allotment  & others!!!

http://community.webshots.com/album/286599773CoPRDK

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Lack of wildlife
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 22:31:24 »
Even with the cold, I don't think spring has ever left Essex!  I have had newts and sand lizzards on the plot, the wrens have been in the garden all through the winter keeping the t*ts and robins company, and the fast growing family of starlings that nest in our roof have been playing in the garden for weeks now!  We have mice setting up residence in our shed and they are slowely chewing anything plastic they can find, and the toads are waddling around the garden and now making whoopee in the pond!  Mind you, Essex is a darn site warmer than the gorgeous Scotland so I am not suprised everything has been lying low.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal