Author Topic: The Good News Thread 2012  (Read 57058 times)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
Re: The Good News Thread 2012
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2012, 09:56:50 »
Excellent news Maggie. I've always had unruly hair so you know where to come for tips(not!!!). ;D ;D ;D

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2012, 20:09:30 »
 ;D ;D Anne, we went on holiday recently and the Bearded Wonder fancied a beard trim and hair tidy-up.He didn't get one as neither of us had a comb or brush. I bet we were the only couple there without hair tools.(I just put gel on my hands and drag them through, life is so easy with a frizz ;D)
Thanks for your pleasedness,ladies ;)
Smile, it confuses people.

bluecar

• Acre
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2012, 20:16:34 »
£25.00 from ERNIE.

I've already spent half of it at Marshalls on strawberries (see Bargains Galore).

Regards

Bluecar

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2012, 23:09:03 »
Membership of the RHS for Mother's Day .................................. yay!

But the best news is, no cut flowers (I don't like them), no fattening chocs, no "what shall be buy her this year" decisions as hubby has put it on a direct debit and the children will chip in each year.

Blessed with a lovely family.  :-*

Ninnys

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2012, 09:08:21 »
Membership of the RHS for Mother's Day .................................. yay!

But the best news is, no cut flowers (I don't like them), no fattening chocs, no "what shall be buy her this year" decisions as hubby has put it on a direct debit and the children will chip in each year.

Blessed with a lovely family.  :-*

Ninnys

Excellent!!

For Christmas my son gave his mum and me a day at the Kew Gardens Flower show in June. A brilliant idea I thought.  :)

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2012, 09:36:44 »
My eldest son is 40 next week.Tonight his wife has arranged a big party for him.

The years have passed so quickly.He has always been a brilliant son and a lovely Dad to his own.

Tonight is party time and  really looking forward to it. ;D

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2012, 09:51:28 »
True Luv bites................ ;)

Although dad is bed bound now as Mr C takes a further grip on his weakened body it was mums request to get him some knashers that fit his gaunt chops,so I arranged a fella from a local dentist to come to the house and fit him up so to speak.

4 days later it was so nice to see him sit up and enjoy chewing food as opposed to slurping chopped up
dinners,its the little things that are left for my mum and make her happy albeit an expensive exercise, she was so pleased and said"dads worth every penny Gaz".

To show his mental capacity is still there I rang just now and asked how he was,not good Gaz,but can you get me £5 worth of Lottery lucky dips,the Ol so and so still has marbles enough to try and win a few bob......bless.

GazNjude

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2012, 14:09:12 »
My son and his girlfriend, home from their travels, are now in London. Within 2 weeks of getting back, Emma has got a job, they've found a flat and Jonny has got a couple of interviews next week.

Younger daughter is home for Easter hols today and older one will hopefully be back for April before starting her placement in Swindon.  :D

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2012, 09:55:57 »
The news is good:

After a 12.30am phone call for a doctor one arrived at 3am - the problem was my dad could not breathe but by the time the doctor arrived dad's oxygen levels were fine, blood pressure good and chest clear.

Two nights of staying over and all seems good.  :)

The cats infected eye is back to normal and the vet bill paid.

The rabbit's temperature is down from 40 and it's still enjoying a break at the vets while it recovers from "cat scratch fever".

(If only someone would listen when I fuss - I did say keep an eye on those two romping around the garden together!)I just need to win the lottery then the vet will be happy too.  ::)

« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:57:28 by Aden Roller »

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2012, 14:48:35 »
Had my shoulder 'op' this morning. Not so much an op as a procedure, really.  It's called hydrodilatation (video: http://vimeo.com/24303841 - not graphic!) In a nutshell my shoulder was x-rayed, anaesthetised, injected with steroids and then pumped full of saline until it 'popped'.  Not a particularly nice experience but hopefully one that will give me back a working shoulder! ;D 

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2012, 16:26:15 »
Had my shoulder 'op' this morning. Not so much an op as a procedure, really.  It's called hydrodilatation (video: http://vimeo.com/24303841 - not graphic!) In a nutshell my shoulder was x-rayed, anaesthetised, injected with steroids and then pumped full of saline until it 'popped'.  Not a particularly nice experience but hopefully one that will give me back a working shoulder! ;D 

I hope you're soon back in good working order.  :)

The cricket season's nearing.  ;D (personally I hardly ever watch it and haven't played for years)

meter rat

• Not So New ...
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2012, 23:50:31 »
Today's good news. Just collected our free greenhouse. And number one daughter and partner have announced we are to be grand parents for the first time. I'm only 48 far to young and irresponsible. What's an appropriate age for a child to learn to weld and ride a motor bike? ;D

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2012, 08:46:26 »
Lovely to read all this good news,so uplifting.

Jim bought me a lovely lamp in the Tiffany style,have had my eye on it for ages....thrilled to bits with it.

We have set it up and it looks wonderful.Trouble is it is so fragile we are both scared to go near it LOL   ;D

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2012, 17:44:09 »
Life chez Cleo is not so bad. The gardn is slowly coming back and I`m back to sowing tomatoes etc for sale in the way it was before Jenny got sick.

Friends here have been so kind with their offers of seeds and me and Linda get on well,almost 5 months since she moved in,............shame she cannot bake a decent chocolat cake or a crisp chip but then if we were both perfect?? ;D

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2012, 17:38:26 »
Is Linda a gardener, Cleo- surely that's more important than the baking? ;D

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2012, 00:03:02 »
Rain - a whole day's worth and dry tomorrow for an afternoon nip to the plot.  :)

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2012, 07:33:47 »

Sun's out . my plot is almost up to scratch with all the help from a Friend of my daughter's now I can get cracking, life is not so bad.
   June

luckycharlie

• Acre
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2012, 11:35:58 »

My Grandsons  7,6 and 4 year olds have cleaned their bedroom with no arguments and are actually playing a game together while I have a cup of tea  Bliss!! Will take them to the park after lunch

X Chas

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2012, 12:20:46 »
It's been snowing here most of the morning .... turning to rain now! ;D ;D

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2012, 17:59:16 »
Got a compost bin today through FREECYCLE, and I only had to go round the corner to collect!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal