Author Topic: The Good News Thread 2012  (Read 56756 times)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: The Good News Thread 2012
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2012, 18:40:50 »
Nice to hear Shirl, you never know I might even pay you two girls a visit one day.  ;)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2012, 19:12:06 »
  Really pleased to hear that news Shirl, continue to enjoy it.
Regards Mary xx.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2012, 19:43:16 »
We were working on Tonys new plot today and I realised how happy we were at Walsall Rd.
It was at this time last year that everything seemed to start collapsing around us and our lives became almost unbearable.
Betty and the other plot holders at Walsall Rd have made us very welcome.
** They say that sometimes good comes out of a bad situation and in our case this is so true **.

**In my experience this is often very true.

Delighted to hear the plot is giving you joy. I love mine!! A bit of space - peace, quiet and thinking time.   :)

Hope those poppies give a splash of colour in one corner.  ;)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2012, 19:50:20 »
Good news here, after having to reapply for her job under the council cutbacks, which meant being at risk of redundancy for nearly a year she has her old job back. They had to really as a lot of her colleagues left anyway after being treated so badly and now they are short staffed. She might also be in line for a job in the NHS where she was seconded to in the memory team.

luckycharlie

• Acre
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2012, 20:52:25 »

My 4yr old grandson took his nursery teachers a daffodil  in each and told them how he planted the bulbs in his nan's lottie and looked after them and how they grew. He was so proud .

X Chas

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2012, 04:03:01 »
That is beautiful, really made me smile,,bless his heart XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2012, 12:06:59 »
We were working on Tonys new plot today and I realised how happy we were at Walsall Rd.
It was at this time last year that everything seemed to start collapsing around us and our lives became almost unbearable.
Betty and the other plot holders at Walsall Rd have made us very welcome.
They say that sometimes good comes out of a bad situation and in our case this is so true.

I'm really please to hear that the good times are back, Shirlton and long may they continue :)

Good news here, after having to reapply for her job under the council cutbacks, which meant being at risk of redundancy for nearly a year she has her old job back. They had to really as a lot of her colleagues left anyway after being treated so badly and now they are short staffed. She might also be in line for a job in the NHS where she was seconded to in the memory team.

Also nice to hear some positive employment news for a change. Congas to Mrs Ace :)

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2012, 16:57:59 »
Today I have good news too. All the trees in the lane behind my back wall have been lopped, the ivy removed from the wall and next door's bamboo has been given a shearing on my side of the fence! The extra light which my garden now has is wonderful and I have a much wider view of the sky from my living room.

It's a week-end of spending (but I'm worth it  ;D) as I've also bought a new computer. Ordered yesterday and it will be delivered on Monday. My current PC is 7 years old and driving me nuts with its crazy behaviour so a new one has been on my list for some time.

Add to that - my dear friend and neighbour has been in with a bag labelled 'Queen for a Day'. The contents of the bag - a bottle of Bucks Fizz, an engraved wine glass, a 'Special Mum' coaster and a bar of J.D Gross dark chocolate mousse. Her own mother died a couple of years ago and she has adopted me. I feel blessed to have such a wonderful friend.
It has taken me forever to type this one-handed. My left arm is in a sling, but I am one happy bunny today anyway!

Tricia

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2012, 00:14:02 »
Thanks to the wonders of modern technology (and FB...) I've made contact today with a long lost pal and a pupil from years ago who I often worried about....but life is on the up for her and it's been great hearing her news.

So a "thumbs up" good day even if it was FB that helped achieve it.  ;)

Delighted to hear the skies have cleared for you tricia. A bit of sunshine and light can make the world of difference to a garden.  :)

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2012, 13:41:08 »

I feel blessed today, and everyday, I three wonderful daughters .
     June.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2012, 02:10:13 »

I feel blessed today, and everyday, I three wonderful daughters .
     June.

The bright side of life is a warm and friendly one isn't it.           Good luck to you and yours.  ;)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2012, 15:45:30 »
I spent last weekend with our youngest and his friends, had a lovely time and our eldest, his lovely wife and our 2 youngest grandchildren are visiting this weekend, I feel like it's my birthday , plus our lovely daughter and our other 2 grandsons only live 10 minutes away and I get to spend lots of time with them. Life is lovely  ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2012, 16:38:40 »
The Sun is Shining and I've just sown my sweetcorn, I can taste them already.  8)
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

JENIAN

• Half Acre
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2012, 17:52:35 »
At peace with the world & myself :)

meter rat

• Not So New ...
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2012, 21:04:39 »
I finally started my new job on Monday past. I never thought it would feel so good to be in full time employment. 

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2012, 21:43:57 »
I've got a full week on supply next week...  :)

luckycharlie

• Acre
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2012, 22:03:41 »
I finally started my new job on Monday past. I never thought it would feel so good to be in full time employment. 

Congratulations!!

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2012, 23:42:49 »
We are to be Grandparents for the third time....whooopppeeeeee ;D

Also my wish for curly hair (or any hair) has been granted with bells on. I spent all last summer with no hair thanks to chemo, now I have extremely unruly hair and how I love it. 8)
Smile, it confuses people.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2012, 00:08:30 »
So pleased for you Maggie x

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2012, 09:31:45 »
So glad for you, Maggie  ;D