Author Topic: 'safety cameras'  (Read 1152 times)

ACE

• Hectare
'safety cameras'
« on: August 13, 2010, 16:01:51 »
Look how quickly  they change the name of these stealth tax contraptions. All the time the council was trying to convince us they were a good thing, they called them 'safety cameras'. Now because they have to pay for them and the money coming from central goverment has been cut and they want us to support them in getting rid of them, the local council call them 'speed traps' Ours are all on steep hills where you have to keep an eye on your speedo instead of on the road in case you creep over the limit. There is one near a school which does what it is intended to do. Slow down traffic.

The police are trying to kid everyone that because the 'traps' are switched off in Oxford the traffic is speeding again. Well they would say that wouldn't they.

I know most of you dither around in Nissan Micras so it does not affect you at all seeing as they seem incapable of going faster than 25mph. But I ride a motorcycle and I am still looking into getting a Jag so it should be a lot quicker for me getting about. I know the occasional ditherer and pedestrian will  get in the way, but they ain't my concern. I have to look out for my own safety, I can't see why they can't look out for theirs.

Anyway it looks as if these highwaymen will be a thing of the past soon. So may I thank all the people that voted this govenment in.

by the way I have never had a speeding ticket. Too fast for them to catch ;)

Old bird

• Hectare
Re: 'safety cameras'
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 16:18:47 »
Gosh sometimes Ace you talk a load of twaddle!

Old Bird  ::)

Kepouros

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 16:13:41 »
Actually, Ace, the real reason why they are called Safety Cameras is because they are usually maintained in nice big warm vans, where several policemen at once can shelter in perfectly safety instead of having to go out on the dangerous pavements, where they might be frightened by the sight of a mugging, a burglary, or a bunch of drunken yobbos harassing an old woman, or any of those other activities which it is better for the wise poilceman to avoid

dtw

• Hectare
  • What grows, You decide!
    • Classic & Cheesy TV adverts and other funny stuff
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 16:44:45 »
After all, teaching children the green cross code doesn't generate vast amounts of money.

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 22:41:13 »
Gosh sometimes Ace you talk a load of twaddle!

Old Bird  ::)

to be honest old bird you are being conservatively generous in your comment

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal