Author Topic: Ambitions or rather what things do you wanna do or try?  (Read 2227 times)

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
Ambitions or rather what things do you wanna do or try?
« on: August 08, 2010, 18:22:43 »
I have just watched a helicopter fly overhead below the clouds. I have never been in one but think I would like to.

It is not beyond my means to go for a ride in one but it is not something I would think of doing 'for no reason'.

I would love to ride standing on a surf board but don't think I ever will.

Just wonder if there are things other people would like to do but probably wont.

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
Re: Ambitions or rather what things do you wanna do or try?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 18:54:37 »
I have just watched a helicopter fly overhead below the clouds. I have never been in one but think I would like to.

It is not beyond my means to go for a ride in one but it is not something I would think of doing 'for no reason'.

£20 a ride in a helicopter at the local Gala Day!

(already been in a few when I worked off-shore on an oil-rig)
You couldn't make it up!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 19:47:16 »
Had enough of helicopters when I was in the Andrew, usually taking me to places where people shot guns at me so I'll give that one a miss.

But I wouldn't mind getting legless on absinthe (the real stuff), failing that I would also like to try a bottle of mezcal and 'bite the worm'.

irnhed

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 20:28:51 »
My wife & I went on a 20 minute helicopter 'tour' of New York City a few years ago.  Cracking fun - really enjoyed it.

It was part of our last 'big' holiday before we started having children.  No looking back now...

When I was wee, I wanted to be a helicopter pilot.  Too much A Team, Airwolf & Blue Thunder, perhaps.  Spent many happy hours making models out of Lego.

Funny I was thinking about this just recently. 

I took my son down to the Farnborough Air Show last month, and we were both blown away by how cool the Chinook display was.  Went as far as getting an Airfix kit, and putting it together, together.  Great fun.

Maybe I'll take a lesson one day...
I'd rather be digging my plot

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 20:44:36 »
Purpleheather, you really should treat yourself to a helicopter ride.  I sent my OH on a trip over London in June and he loved it, he said he could go every day of the week, it was magic.  He also wanted to use a JCB so I booked him for a go at Diggerland in Kent, so would highly recommend that too.

I've always wanted to go round the world but doubt I ever will  and for years I wanted to go down the bobsleigh run at Innsbrook.

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 22:00:35 »
I've always wanted to make love to Angelina Jolie in a helicopeter but I sense, as the years go by, it's becoming unlikely.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 22:20:58 »
Get my self some land and escape the rat race.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 22:24:31 »
I want to..and mark my words I will do, go  whitewater rafting through Hells Gate .

My Dad wanted to when he visited me just before he and Mum died,,he was almost 80. He watched them go under the bridge and was really keen.My Mum had a fit, it was funny as they almost had a fight. Dad said it was for the family name.. I said OK OK then I will do it.

They both died about three weeks later.

I have made arrangements a few times to do it but have always had to cancel

It has been about 12 years since I last had a chance to go.. then couldn't.

But I will do it one day I am certain.

XX Jeannine
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 22:35:52 by Jeannine »
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Columbus

• Hectare
    • A Duel of Delight and Desperation Index page
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 17:59:38 »
Go for it  ;D

Whatever it is just do it.

In the last five years I`ve paddled in the Pacific in California, paddled in Lake Huron in Michigan, Seen polar ice from 40,00 feet,  (I can usually get a window seat), got lots of air miles. Been in the desert, rode the bullet train in Japan, Rode on the Santa Fe railway in San Diego, been to four Disney parks on three continents, Rode and loved serious roller coasters wherever I found them (over 400ft at over 100 mph) I also got married, learned to grow my own food, planted trees, and filmed blue tits leaving the nest.
Next week I`m going up the Eifel tower. Two weeks after I`ll be fifty years old.

Do it and take pictures, Col  ;D
... I am warmed by winter sun and by the light in your eyes.
I am refreshed by the rain and the dew
And by thoughts of you...

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 18:11:55 »
Yes. I am very determined but wether they will take me on elbow crutches I don't know..will have to wear an extra morphine patch that day I guess, as long as I can hang on I thought, BUT I have to paddle as well..oops. Will certainly try when I get someone who will go with me. I am not a bit concerned at all, I love the water, and I am not deterred by he rapids.

Must run in the family.My brother did 100mph on his moter bike on his 80th birthday.
I envy you though.

I have only done a couple or three of yours

XX   Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 18:29:44 »
Jeannine, my husband and I did some 'gentle' water rafting in Campbell River when we were over in July.  We're planning on coming back in 2012, if you haven't done yours by then, we'll come and get you and we'll all go together!! ;D

I've always wanted to learn scuba diving and I've decided that this year and going into next year is my time to learn!  Also found out yesterday that some of the classes are held in a local school pool which is about a fifteen minute walk from where I live, bonus! (course, getting into the wetsuit is a whole other game of soldiers .... :o :P)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 19:06:13 »
Thats a date, mind you I will be in a wheel chair by then I think..maybe we can fool them for the day XX Jeannine

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 21:46:10 »
I'd love to swim with dophins and yes the helcopter sounds good too Oh and yes the surfing sounds great, I love being in the sea when the waves are big,was once evicted from the sea in cornwall!!
One abition I am determined to carry through is to visit my son in california next year. first step is to get a passport
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 02:16:23 »
I've always wanted to ride a hot air balloon over our house and take pictures of our garden. Silly really.

The best helicopter ride we took was when our son was stationed in Hawaii and we flew over the live volcano and could see the flowing red lava through holes in the crust.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

terrier

• Acre
  • North Wales
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 01:20:49 »
I just love flying around the world and seeing the sights, done it loads of times. Amazing where you can go with Google Earth  8)  ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 06:35:35 »
Mrage, when you get your passport make sure you gat a US visa at the same time..

jonny211

• Acre
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 11:48:18 »
I've always wanted to make love to Angelina Jolie...

I'll join you on that one, but not at the same time of course!

I'd love to dive the wrecks in Bikini Atoll, especially the Saratoga. I suspect that once the kids have left home and I'll be able to afford it they'll have rusted to bits.

Jon

[edit] and grow a flamin' Red Baron without it bolting!!!!!

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 20:35:20 »
I do not want to make love to any one other than my partner with whom I have enjoyed decades of personal bliss.

I do however want to offer my condolences to all those who have found that their chosen partner does not fulfill their needs.

I feel very sorry for you all

nilly71

• Hectare
  • Romford,Essex
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2010, 08:19:39 »
I have snorkled with Dophins, Scuba dived with sea snakes(most incredible and scary thing i've done), Handglided off the top of a mountain while skiing(I had to run off the mountain in ski boots, the second most scary thing i have done).
My Mrs has trated me at Christmas/Birthdays to: Helicopter flying lesson, plane flying lesson, bungee jump and i'm just about to book up a rally driving experience.

I would love to try whitewater rafting but the two things i have wanted to do for years but money and shift work has stopped me are learn to be an Architect and design/build my own house.

Good luck with everyones dreams and ambitions.

Neil

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2010, 01:42:04 »
Just remembered this.. I would like to share some times with the orangutans , there is a place you can do it.There was a programme on TV a few years ago  about it.. breathaking. Holding them and just sitting quietly while they came to you and climbed on your knee. Oh wow!!

XX Jeannine

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal