Author Topic: Our little girl is missing  (Read 16611 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Our little girl is missing
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2010, 22:51:08 »
Star, hang in there, we all know of stories about dogs that are found months later and I bet all those worried owners came to the point that you are.

When all this first started I reminded you to keep checking for the department that is responsible for animals found on the road. They may not check chips but they do keep records, of she had been found that way I think you would know.

Take care, don't lose hope, but do try to take comfort from the fact that she has obviously found a home, she is probably fine, she is  behaving herself or they would have moved her on, the hard part is that although she is fine and the new owners are fine, you are not, so please look after you and let time take it's course, I still think she will surface,

Hang in there, we are all still hanging in there with you.

XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2010, 14:22:08 »

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2010, 14:41:36 »
 Star Hunny, i watched a programe yesterday animal rescue in Australia, they found a dog that went missing over 2yrs ago someone had stolen it the owner was over the moon as you can imagine.
 SO PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE you just never know.

Posters are up & around Clacton 4 of them +1 in a ladys coffee shop. Thinking of you hoping to log in one morning & read  the good news YES it will happen hang in there girl :-*.
Love to you Mary xxx.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2010, 09:22:39 »
I am keeping positive. I have to, for me there's no other way, to submit to thinking the worst is to give up....and I aint about to do that!! I have my down times....of which are many....but that's just being human with our human logic and emotions.

This morning there was a phone call at 7.30. A lady heard on Northants radio that a milkman picked up a black Lab. Their offices dont open till 9, so Im waiting for a call back.

A butcher rang as well asking if Maggie was still missing, as he has a poster up in his shop. He was lovely and will keep it there and will tell the locals to keep looking. It was the locals who asked about her. Villagers are fantastic :-*!

Re PH's post.......I have over the weeks rung the council asking if they have found any dogs that had been hit on the roads. Our councils policy is to scan every domestic animal they find and get in touch with the owner.

Even though I keep as upbeat as I can, sometimes these awful thoughts do creep in. Grrr I banish them and get on with positive thinking. You guys have helped so much with positive feedback and posters and watching found dog sites (there are so many sites, I cant possibly cover all of them).

When I need a boost I come on here, mostly when Im low.......because I know when I read reply posts you all lift me up again.

I have never had so much support from people Ive never met....you're all fantastic xxxx

Maggie will be coming home!!                                                    C'mon radio Northants, RING!!
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2010, 09:29:30 »
Yes keep at it Star,we are all behind you   :)

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2010, 09:30:14 »
C'mon radio Northants, RING!!  Phone Star so we can all stop worrying.

Just in case Star, google Dogs Trust Harefield in so many Maggie look alikes but let it be today we hear the good news from radio Northants.

Sinbad xx

Manouche

• Acre
« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2010, 09:36:08 »
Really, really hope this is going to be good news for you.
If it's not we will keep up the support to find Maggie.
You are being so strong I admire you for that and I wouldn't give up either.
Good luck Star.
xxx

star

• Hectare
« Reply #127 on: July 14, 2010, 09:50:00 »
Thanks guys, I doubt I could have managed as well without you.

No call yet, though I have been busy. I'll ring them and get back as soon as I hear something.

I'll look on that site now Sinbad, thanks x

brownowl23

• Acre
« Reply #128 on: July 14, 2010, 10:23:24 »
Star ive been watchign this thread and I really hope that call brings MAggie home for you.

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2010, 10:40:41 »
Positive vibes that its your girl Star >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #130 on: July 14, 2010, 11:39:30 »
Ring for crying out loud ,come on just ring XX Jeannine..got to go to bed Star it is 3.35am here, I hope to wake up and find you happy.....ring.ring XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
« Reply #131 on: July 14, 2010, 12:13:28 »
I too have been watching this thread.  I am not religious, but have been "praying" your dog returns.  I really hope this is good news for you.

mat

star

• Hectare
« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2010, 13:24:57 »
I made the call and got through. The milkman.......now known as Mark....was lovely he rang me back twice with the man's addy he left the dog with. I went over, the old man said his dog wouldn't get on with the Lab. So he left the Lab in the garden, the Lab promptly jumped the fence and chased after the Mark the milkman's delivery van again. Unknown to Mark.

The old man watched helpless as the dog turned its attention to a woman walking her dog and tried to make friends there. After that he lost sight.

I have put several posters up in the village, everyone knows each other......its so small there's no shop or PO. Just a pub and houses.......typical English village. Very pretty.

A lady rang just as I got home, one who I'd spoken to in the village, she said the description matches Maggie. But....and its a big but, this dog is said to be between 9 months and a year. So I actually don't think its her, also its extremely friendly. Maggie is timid, but who knows? After time on her own (if its her) she may be craving company and she does look younger than her years.....a bit like me.... ::)humph!

In any case, all sightings have to followed up, 7 weeks is a long time and a dog can travel a very long way.  I also saw some council workers, I gave them a poster to put in their office. They work for Daventry council and sometimesthey scan for chips at the depot. Its a pity there's not a policy across the board for all councils to the same.

I think if the Jesters law could be enforced that would be a good start. The site wasn't active when I looked.....I mentioned that in another post. I will try again.

Jeannine I hope you get some sleep...........xxx

Thanks for all the ongoing and new support xxx

psssst guys........she tells me off for being up late. Hehehe I think Jeannine isthe queen of 'late'!! ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2010, 20:36:40 »
Oh what a shame.. but Star, she will have learned some street cred over the weeks, she has probably found that being friendly is not so scary after all and might have got quite good at it. I notice on the picture she is not a heavy looking lab, that might account for them estimating her as a young dog, so on the basis of those things I wouldn't discount the possibility.

XX Jeannine

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2010, 09:39:23 »
Hi Star, so sad to think your freind has been missing so long now, just wanted to stop by and say dont give up and good luck and well done for keeping going at full tilt to find them.

hope today is the day
xo sunloving

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2010, 16:08:40 »
more of those vibes from me >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Manouche

• Acre
« Reply #136 on: July 16, 2010, 20:37:19 »
We are still wishing and hoping you will have good news soon Star.
Sending love to you, don't give up. xxx

star

• Hectare
« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2010, 08:01:13 »
Thanks everyone, I cant give up. I would hate to think I got lost and my family gave up on me. Today is a forced day off, hubby needs the car. It does me good now and again, I also have to catch up with normal things of everyday living.

Ugh.....that means housework.......... >:(

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2010, 08:07:58 »
Just to say I'm thinking of you, and hoping to hear some good news soon

1066  :)

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2010, 08:24:47 »
I'd like to echo 1066.
This is the first thread I check each time I visit the site.
x
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal