Author Topic: Our little girl is missing  (Read 16907 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Our little girl is missing
« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2010, 08:18:14 »
Star she is back on our church prayer chain, so a few words will be said for you and her all over the world as each person on the chain passes on to their contacts.It is a very big chain, my 10 contacts for sending the e mail messages include 4 contacts that are in  Holland, Australia, US and Japan.

There are many more folks thinking of her than you could imagine.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2010, 21:46:53 »
I know how down you must be feeling Star.

Keep hoping to see the post that says she is home.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2010, 22:36:30 »
Someone said to me today that Maggie was probably the most famous dog they knew. That was without knowing about the prayer chain Jeannine. 

My heart goes out to each and every person who has and is helping. For the support you have all shown, and to think ....I was in two minds wether to post about Maggie in the first place. I am so glad I did, you have all helped me through this awful time so much.

Thanks Betula........I cant wait to write that post.

xxxx

I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #103 on: July 07, 2010, 22:58:17 »
Oh Star I look for your posts and hope...
I bet someones looking after your treasured pet because if they weren't you would have heard.Keeping fingers crossed xxx
sanity is overated

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2010, 08:21:07 »
I still think she will be coming home, certain of it XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

star

• Hectare
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2010, 14:09:58 »
I still think she will be coming home, certain of it XX Jeannine

Yes hunny, I feel the same way. Its hard waiting though isn't it, that's why I keep looking and postering. I can't do nothing, because, bless that little girl, if she's making her own way back, she really has got her work cut out. xxx

Hi Macmac......it's difficult to know what's happening really. If someone does have her, I wish they would ring. Even it's to say....and you're not having her back, she's safe....it's the not knowing that's the worst thing.

A friend's cat was killed on the road yesterday, she's taking it very badly, but she said she at least knows what's happened and has closure. Now she is dealing with her grief.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2010, 19:06:54 »
Lets hope that you hear something soon Star.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2010, 23:33:13 »
Today I spoke to a fellow allotment holder.

Her son's dog went missing, it was chipped.

The dog turned up 200 miles away.

It seems that the dog after getting lost, attached it'self to a party who thought that they would adopt it and took it home. Then when they got home they thought again. So put the dog into a pound.

Not only did her son have to drive to get the dog back, he had to pay £200 to that local council for retrieving a stray.

Now I know Star would pay that to get his baby back as would we all. The point is that there must be loads of 'kindly' people who will take on a stray, then think again later.

I think Star's beautiful baby has been adopted by a loving family and since the dog cannot speak. She has had to settle in to their family rules. Now a member of their pack.

Otherwise any chipped animal found would have been reported back to the owner.

They only check chips when the animal is  'found'.

So, the new owner could simply call the dog theirs.

A beautiful dog with new and kind people, possibly thinking that 'it was meant to be'.

Vets will check micro chips but again if the current owner says that they have bought the dog, what does the vet do?

Vets are there to look after the animal, not research a dog's history.

star

• Hectare
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2010, 08:55:49 »
I know what you're saying PH, Ive heard of a few cases where dogs have been returned to the owners after 18 months, 2 years. Because the 'new owner' had taken the dog to  a vet, thinking it was safe to do so after such a long time.

The vets, do scan for chips, if a dog is sold then then relevant phone calls and changes are made to the chip at the time of sale. They do have means of checking and they do check the missing pets register, its a bit like us and dentists I guess. We can be tracked through our teeth. 

I can understand folk doing what they think is right, but only after all efforts have been made to find where the dog is from.

Thank you for your input PH, I keep my hopes up......there are posters up all over parts of the country (thanks to our members) all I can do is hope and pray she is safe and being cared for.

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2010, 09:56:09 »
Still looking hun and keep positive

star

• Hectare
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2010, 13:37:28 »
Aw Flower......I can feel that fluffy hug. Thanks x

Manouche

• Acre
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2010, 16:28:07 »
Will be taking more bedding to our local dog pound on Sunday, will look again at the new arrivals.
We think of you everyday and really hope for good news. x

star

• Hectare
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2010, 10:53:59 »
Thankyou so much Manouche, anything and everything people do means so much. I have been busy still postering over the weekend, plus helping feed hubby with tea and food while he mended the Landy.

Im getting more printing done as I type, to do some more this morning.

A lady rang this morning asking if we had found Maggie yet, I guess when posters have been up for longer than a month,people presume the dog / cat would have been found.

There have been no more sightings for a while, although there was a voicemail to hubby's phone saying this bloke 'John' thought he might have our dog, it was a male chocolate lab, but answered to Maggie.  ???

Its funny in a very sad kind of way..........we just want a proper call.

Do you know, its so hard to put yourself in a position where someones child may have gone missing....like little Madeline. There's a huge difference of course, as she's a child and daughter.

Maggie is part of our family. Its the 'not knowing', it makes you stuck somehow.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2010, 11:36:24 »
Yes the not knowing must be awful.

A strange cat who seemed hungry come into our area yesterday,everyone made a fuss of it and fed it and it was a bit on the thin side so we all thought it must be lost.

I was about to ring cat rescue and look on the internet for lost cats and when it was so affectionate I had a thought that maybe I could take it in even if it meant a problem with the dogs when it's owner from the far side of the close appeared.

Beleave me it was so close to being rehomed........this may have happened to Maggie.She may at this time be living the life of a queen while we all worry ourselves.

I really hope you have some good news soon.

Manouche

• Acre
« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2010, 15:52:15 »
So sorry Star no new arrivals like Maggie, sorry to give you this news.
The lady at the rescue did tell me that not all counties check for chips which is really bad practice.
She did say that lots of dogs are found many miles away or even on your doorstep in the next county, so don't give up hope.
I shall check on a regular basis here in Portsmouth until we hear good news.  xxx

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2010, 20:12:35 »
Star, I know that this will not help so do not read on if you are feeling frail. I am being hard here.

I spoke to a chap from 'Highways' and asked him what happened if a dog was 'found' after being run over and killed.

Apparently, no one checks for a microchip. Their job is to keep the roads clear, so as not to endanger traffic.

After all this time there are now two options. Either some one has found and adopted her and is so in love with her that they will not risk losing her or the worst has happened.

Either way, you have lost your little girl.

The not knowing is the hardest of course. Children, Grown ups and animals go missing all the time, it is terrible when it happens to our own.

Perhaps we could make a positive out of this and try to get a service going where we can ask that dead dogs are checked for microchips so that owners can be informed. It could be a complicated and difficult thing to do. Most charities such as the RSPCA are there for living creatures.

Personally, I do subscribe to the RSPCA. Would I subscribe to a charity which is in place just to inform pet owners 'your pet is dead'?  I can not say that I would but I do think that the people who do the 'chipping' might include a discoverers reward. It may cost more to register the dog, to make a deposit for a reward, reclaimable/refundable if the dog dies naturally or has to be destroyed.

It is in place  for only when dog's (or other animal's) corpse is found, the finder receives a fee from the dog owner, for their peace of mind.  The 'chip readers' cost money. Bin men would need to know that their investment was worthwhile. Because, they would have to invest in the readers so that they could claim that reward.

Dead dogs are not treated with respect, only humans are, so the corpse of any animal simply goes to the tip. No one bothers to identify them.

My daughter lost her cat some years ago and is still concerned about what happened to her.

I spoke to a lady, many years ago who told me that she had left her pram outside the temporary registry office, then went in, up the stairs to register to baby's birth in 1943. her baby was not there when she returned.

Madeline McCann comes to mind at this stage. Ben whose family were on a Greek Island some years ago. He went missing too.

When I was in Egypt they told me that during the Egypt/ Israeli war there were children found who were taken  in  as members of families. Seemingly they would have been left to die

Again we know that in Germany and other areas during the Nazi times people took in Jewish children as their own.

There are a lot of kind people about who will take in stray humans and animals.

I took in a dog. I still think that some one misses him to bits but even though I legally own him I would love to tell the person

Your baby is loved to bits and is happy. I am sure they must care (he is well trained) It had to be that he was loved............

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2010, 20:24:45 »
Great post PH   :( :( :(

Star...stay positive,it is easy to be negative...........we have gone through most of the possabilities but I am sure she is out there .

Just remember not to exhaust yourself with your search and take time for you  :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 20:34:32 by betula »

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2010, 20:46:41 »
I was so upset by this post, that I went to see my neighbour at the back and said Dulce (cat) (was here, and should I spray him with a water pistol so he went home.  She said she had seen him for 15 mins this morning but please DO NOT FEED HIM.  Guilty as charged.  Dulce has now disappeared, but she knows where I live, at the end of her house, b...dy h.ll, her house was so clean with two children, mine is a mess.  Maybe that is why Dulce likes it here.  Cut down my rose and grape vine which was going into her 'perfect' garden and she was very grateful, and I said anytime you want your cat just knock on my door. After him being sprayed with the water pistol he has disappeared but hasn't gone home, just next door or along the road.  The other twin cat was asleep in her garden so perhaps two male cats, twins, even if they have been neutered, don't want to live together.  It is all quiet here, but Charlie, my 18 year old cat, is missing his friend.  HELP.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2010, 20:54:32 »
Don't be upset B,she will be back   :)

Manouche

• Acre
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2010, 22:01:06 »
re purpleheathers post   More information if you google  Jesters Law.

I have posted about it in pets section.

Keep your chin up Star still thinking of you  xxx

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal