Allotment Stuff > Swap Shop

Blagging Freebies

<< < (4/17) > >>

Robert_Brenchley:
There's nothing wrong as long as it's understood on both sides that it's a freebie. I don't see anything wrong with someone asking for seeds when they're just starting an allotment, say, and they've got nothing. They may well turn into regular contributors. What irritates me is the people who only come for seeds, with no intention of contributing. Most of us have only limited quantities, after all, and people shouldn't presume. I get really annoyed when seed parcels keep vanishing halfway round the list.

.:

"And exactly whats wrong with freebies"

Deadlline minus approx fortythree hours ?   ;D

lottie lou:
I thought the swap shop worked on mutual agreement - an offer, an acceptance with the recipient's offer.

Stopp:

I suppose I'm still a newbie on here and have recently been involved in a seed swap.  I wouldn't dream of taking anything without contributing myself and some of the seeds that came around were obscure and would probably never have bought or tried before. So having only a small garden myself to grow things in, taking around 5 seeds of 4 or 5 varieties was helpful, and would hopefully like to join in again.  I'm sure next year or even this autumn, I will have more seeds to contribute as I do not have the land to grow too many in one season.

I desperately need a lottie!  :(

Stopp:

Oh ..... and I was glad to pass them on again because of the smell of Roberts onions!! .... boy did they stink my bedroom out the next morning   ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version