The Show > Pumpkin 'tastic

Carved Pumpkins

<< < (2/3) > >>

Doris_Pinks:
Aha Jill! I draw the designs on the pumpkins with a thin permenant marker, (loads of sites on the web to get ideas of designs from) and Mr Pinks cobbled together a "knife" using a small jigsaw blade, corn on the cob holder and masking tape! Power tools in the form of a drill is good for making eyes! You have to remember to scrape the inside away (Plastic ice cream scoop good for this job!) where you are going to cut, or you are there forever trying to saw through inches of flesh! (but you can't have it too thin or it collapses ;D) We had a fun afternoon :D

Jill:
Cor, DP.  How inventive!  My OH isn't half so useful.  Set him a digging task at half term and poor love couldn't cope - he was in bed by 8pm every night.  (Have to admit it was about 20 tonnes of top soil to be shifted  ;D).

Glad you all had such fun doing your pumpkins.

Andy H:
 :o They are excellent!

Spurdie:
WOW! GREAT pumpkins, Doris! I expect they're all on the compost heap now. What a shame!

Doris_Pinks:
Errrrrr actually Spurdie, they are still sitting outside with lots of tiny black flies buzzing around! I just don't have the heart to chuck them! :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version