Author Topic: Flippin' fireworks!  (Read 5774 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Re: Flippin' fireworks!
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2009, 17:36:03 »
Don't mock your elders and betters, trouble is I can type quicker than my brain.  Get back in your wheelbarrow and remove that big marrow.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2009, 17:38:07 »
I like fireworks but don't see why they have to bang so loud. I like the pretty ones but even they have to bang as well.

Actually you can order fireworks by loudness!!  But I think only if you are having it done for you by a professional company - we had a display last year and could order on a scale of 1-5 of loudness.  1 - being more of a fire and light display, 5 - Being sort of Black Sabbath up close.

Personally I don't mind the noise and my cats seem less bothered than me.  I am in London though so used to a loud background but can perfectly understand those that dislike them
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

twinkletoes

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2009, 13:34:52 »
Fireworks are far too cheap (even the expensive ones  ::)) and too easily purchased by youngsters whose only intent is to cause disturbances in the immediate vicinity by letting the fireworks off at random intervals in various places. Why is it necessary for domestic-bound fireworks to be soooooo loud? The people that let them off most often stand too close, so close enough to them to hear any whizzes and bangs that accompany the pretty splashes of colour. Why is it necessary for anyone to purchase industrial/display sized fireworks anyway - very few of these people have a garden of a size to accommodate the recommended distance to stand away from these fireworks ......what carnage there would be if one were to explode.........  We profess to be a nation of animal lovers too....when it suits us.... but like the Americans (we have the right to bear arms, and all that)....... so, we have the right to set off fireworks. Yes, please do - but can we respect others and keep to the rules of timing - 5th November between the hours of 7.01am and 11pm. Personally the ones I hate most are the ones that scream and bang and go on forever.
Rant Over  :-[ :-[ (sorry)
twinkletoes

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2009, 14:26:53 »
Thanks for ranting for me.

daxzen

• Half Acre
  • this is isaac he is my allotment troll