Author Topic: Nigella  (Read 7559 times)

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
Nigella
« on: September 24, 2007, 21:15:43 »
Is it just me that find her hugely irritating??? Obviously has gobloads of money cos of the recipes and places she shops (she even annoys my 15 year old!).........grrrrrrrrrrrrrr  but nice to see a chef that is curvy! ;D ;D  Makes me feel so MUCH better! ;)
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
Re: Nigella
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 21:31:37 »
No it's not. She irks me too. Bit too smug.

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

SnooziSuzi

• Acre
  • ~ Su in Durham~
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 22:11:43 »
Delia's the way forward!  nice and mumsy  ;D
SnooziSuzi
Acting my shoe size, not my age!

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 22:34:17 »
Nigella annoys me sooooo much I cannot watch her. All that finger licking and tasting  :P, oooing and arrring like she's having sex  ::), makes me want to scream at her :(.

Lauren
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 22:43:26 »
OH and I were commenting on her programme tonight.

He said he could eat most of the dishes she cooked. but the problem was that she was very vague on ingredients, cooking times, etc.

I'm just amazed he could take his eyes off her tits and bum!!

No Doris_Pinks you are not alone.  I find her cringingly irritating.

I suppose it's the way she is being marketed, but the one word that describes her is 'very *friendly* person'.

valmarg

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 22:46:35 »
I didn't say 'very friendly person', I said very *friendly* person.

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 22:49:12 »
very *friendly* person, is what I said, bugger your 'very friendly person'!!

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 22:51:04 »
very *friendly* person

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 22:53:50 »
What's going on Dan?

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 23:21:12 »
Personally I think Nigella is a waste of space. I hate folk who try to bring sex into everything. A good steak needs no sauce! ;) And chocolate may rule but without foreplay.
I didn't have a lot of time for Dad, Nigel - chancellor of the exchequer - either.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 08:14:41 »
Ha, I think you've been caught by the slightly neurotic swear-bot, valmarg. There is a work-around on here somewhere, or I think you can put a space in the middle of the word (I posted once about "a k n o b of butter" (without the gaps) - and it changed it to "a thingy of butter").

And yes, she will join Jamie when I am king.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 08:45:14 »
I don't think I'll be watching any more of this series.  It's a shame to see an intelligent and attractive woman who still thinks she needs to be overtly flirty and tarty to be acceptable and I don't rate the recipes.   It's more a cse of buying expensive ingredients and just doing an assembly job.

I tried the chorizo and clams with chick peas and rocket thinking it would be good because I know bacon and clams work.  It was awful both as two separate dishes and as a combination.   The chorizo drowned out the clams' flavour would be better served with a simple green salad or vegetable.    I have a recipe for spicy chick peas with spinach that works much better.

Finally, her kind of food is not exactly planet friendly is it?  All that imported, unseasonal, ready washed stuff with masses of food miles and packaging carbon footprints, not to mention the average family budget being blown on just one of her meals.
Obxx - Vendée France

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 09:11:25 »
i stopped watching this so called cookery programme last week when she went to the (expensive) shops and just bought loads of (expensive) dishes and served them up on the table with much oooing and ahhhhing and licking of fingers. how easy was that!! no cooking at all in fact. she's like a puppet. very strange as i used to like her a lot.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 10:53:31 »
But, with that exception, people still watch her - & complain!!

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 11:14:45 »
She seems to have turned into a caricature of herself, unfortunately. I think she has been wrongly advised and she should have stuck to her original format. To just go out and buy lots of expensive deli stuff last week to put  out, made me laugh! That's a new one. ;D

My OH did try her chicken dish from last week and everybody said it was very tasty. But I think this is just not working. She is very likeable though and as DorisP says it is nice to see a curvy chef who enjoys their food. busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Pumper

• Half Acre
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 11:51:50 »
I can't stand the bint  >:(  Really seriously irritating in a terribly immature flirty way that grates worse than a Moulinex. I have only watched about 5 minutes of one of her programs and changed channels. I even switch over when her trailers come up now.

And as far as that Delia Smith is concerned, I can't think of a more patronising and arrogant old tumper than her >:( ...  An entire program on "How to boil an egg". I ask you!!!
Whenever I google for recipes, I always put in a " -Delia" after the search string.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 12:19:50 »
There's a surprising number ofpeople out there who can't boil an egg.  Just look at that "worst cooks" competition the Beeb recently showed.  At least Delia's recipes work, taste good and use ingredients easily available and affordablefor most people.
Obxx - Vendée France

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 13:03:38 »
I agree - nothing wrong with Delia IMHO.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 13:04:55 »
Even her poached eggs!

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 13:13:57 »
Our microwave is called "the egg poacher" in our house!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal