Author Topic: frying tonight  (Read 1442 times)

ACE

• Hectare
frying tonight
« on: July 22, 2007, 17:32:52 »
WHOO  HOO, I got a great new toy today, an electronic fly swatter. It looks like tennis racket covered in wire mesh and is powered by 2 aa batteries. You just sweep it gently by the fly and it goes snap crackle and pop and the fly fries in a cloud of little blue sparkles. Only £2.99 in the 'pound' shop.

Sods law, millions of flys in the house yesterday, I had to go out in the garden to test it today. Anybody got any they don't want.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Re: frying tonight
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 17:37:13 »
I got the old fashioned one for the hubbie last month as i was fed up throwing out magazines because they had squashed bugs on the back!

I think you will get plenty more oportunities to use it though :)

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 17:42:17 »
WHOO  HOO, I got a great new toy today, an electronic fly swatter. It looks like tennis racket covered in wire mesh and is powered by 2 aa batteries. You just sweep it gently by the fly and it goes snap crackle and pop and the fly fries in a cloud of little blue sparkles. Only £2.99 in the 'pound' shop.

You did well Ace.  I paid four or five times that price for one off the Internet.   I was so impressed that I bought a smaller one for the caravan.  Both were over a tenner.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 18:49:40 »
Mum got the kids fly swats that are flip flops and when you swat they say 'Gotcha'!  Such fly swatting fun.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

petengade

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 20:22:12 »
Ace, to test it,  flick some water off your finger onto the racket to make it crackle, if no flies are about. spitting is disgusting. :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 20:36:02 by petengade »

tinker

• Half Acre
  • warwickshire
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 21:35:44 »
ace you can come to work with me and swat the flys on the cow pats if you want( you may need goggles though!) ;D
All good things come to those who wait!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 22:31:07 »
cow pats

I jumped over a farm gate one night in the dark and lost my beret. Tried 10 of them on till I found mine ;D

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 00:03:32 »
Do you exclaim 'Frying tonight' a la Kenneth Williams in Carry on Screaming as you swat I wonder.......?! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 18:36:47 »
ACE you wuz robbed ::) An Pauline you're gonna be sick when I tell you... :o

Bought these things for less, much less 8) than £1 each in Thailand bout 3 years ago....only brought 3 back as prezzies - should have imported a shed-load full & by now I could even afford to employ ACE as my gardener  :P

I still use the Imperial Fly Swatter I first used in Italy over half-a-century ago ::) And how time flies when you're havin fun ;D...it's fine metal mesh, well-frayed round the edges now, but aren't we all?

btw......was told, all those years ago, that flies turn 90 deg. before taking off, so you aim just behind them before swatting? Is this true, does anyone know? I've always done it & have millyons of little notches on me belt....so praps it is?

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 21:06:25 »
I was given to believe that they fly off from a surface backwards. So the trick is to swat 'em up their.........bottom!!
Maybe I will google to find the truth :)

petengade

• Acre
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 22:04:45 »
Bought ours last year from Tesco Lotus 350baht =£5.00 gone up a bit in three years + the air fare, a bargain    ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal