Author Topic: Back to work and back home again!  (Read 4863 times)

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
Back to work and back home again!
« on: June 25, 2007, 10:51:43 »
Back at work today after migraine last week.  Had a Dr's Appointment booked at 10am and she has sent me home with sky high BP and I'm not to return to work this week at least.  I have to go back and have an ECG and blood tests at 12 today and more at 5pm.  And all i can think about is the bloomin school fund and the cheques that need to be written and sorted out.  So I'm trying to keep my feet up and relax and not think about the ironing, the messy kitchen and everything else so came here for some entertainment.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: Back to work and back home again!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 10:55:25 »
Oh dear, OO, sounds like ti's a good job you went to the doctor's. Hope they can get you sorted out soon. Relax- those cheques can wait!

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 11:28:29 »
Poor you OO! Try not to be concerned about the school; your health is far more important.  Just you chill out, have a day on the sofa just relaxing, watch a nice dvd, have a doze and ignore the kitchen. No wonder your all askew after the time you have had recently.  I am sure you will get sorted soon and life will be much better.  (((big hugs))) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 13:18:31 »
The ironing can wait, you only crumple them up again,I gave up ironing 20 years ago and I don't have crinkles.

Forget the school fund too, it can tread water for a while.

Messy kitchen,  if you clean that it will get messy again so give it a miss, it won't hurt.

So having solved your 3 problems, you can focus on getting your BP down which you can do a wee bit by forgetting the 3 above.!!

Do as you are told, get your tests and TURN OFF,you told me you had a problem saying no, well now is a good time to practise.

Now that is me done my heavy handed Grandma stuff, you take it easy sweetie, it will all still be there in a few days.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 13:29:59 »
Olive Oil. As others have said.. your health is more important than work/housework or any other jobs you think need doing. Just forget them and get yourself better. I recently had to have blood test, ECG etc due to blood pressure and cholesterol. I decided to follow Doctor.s advice, no point in going if I don't follow that. Mind you I do miss my 1/4inch butter on everything and putting half the contents of my salt cellar on my dinner ;D
Best wishes, Lorna

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 13:40:24 »
Olive Oil i have done no housework for the last 3 months! Bar the odd blits on the front room and trying to stay on top of dishes and clothes. Even the husband is doing the cooking.

Today is the first day i have felt like cleaning, and its taken me 2 hours just to clean our bedroom.

You can only do what you can do there is no point worrying about what is outside your control and what is acheivable. Given all your going though you need to focus on your health who really cares that the house is messy and that a bill is not going to be paid today!!

Chin up and a big hug

Cambourne7

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 13:49:06 »
I'm back from the Dr's... BP down to 160/120 and ECG only showed some arrythmia (whatever that is). I have to call back on thursday for blood and ecg results and call in on Friday for another BP check.

You'd think I was 61 not 31!!!

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 15:57:42 »
Hope all goes well with the results, and remember...chill ;D
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

greyhound

• Hectare
  • The Kingdom of Wessex
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 16:00:08 »
What's ironing?   ???

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 16:06:06 »
GET YOUR FEET UP AND RELAX... JUST DO IT xx jEANNINE
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 16:13:32 »
Your body is telling you loud and clear! Stop, relax. Find something you really enjoy that will put the rest out of your mind. Have you tried Bach's Rescue Remedy?http://www.bachshop.co.uk/catalog/?gclid=CJbwmJbH94wCFSWZEAodtwGucA

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 16:18:52 »
my therapist said to use oak for my type of stress

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 16:51:06 »
I have always suffered from high BP, drives me bonkers.  By the time I left hossy on Wednesday is was down to 158/85 which for me was miraculous!  It is incredibly hard to chill when you know your blood pressure is up, because you think about it, which makes it go through the roof.  I stopped caffine and salt and use cholestrol reducing spreads and yoghurts.  Bloody boring, but every little helps.

Definately find something that will occupy your mind, but isn't strenuous, so you don't think about you and how you are feeling, but about whatever it is you are doing.  Sleep is another winner.  If you can doze and snooze, then make yourself comfy and snooze.  Doctor Emma's orders!  ;)

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 16:58:41 »
i was getting the vains in my neck popping when i was really under stress, it eventualy subsided and now i get spasms each side of my next when i start to get stressed again. I do symphatise.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 17:31:44 »
Well i've just had another run in with my ex.. I say another - its the first spat really and he really overstepped the mark. I'll not go into details but my god i would hate for my bp to be read now!

Cmon everyone - 100 ways to destress!

I think if i get OH's stuff out the house tomorrow and tidy up then I can relax or at least try to!

Then I'm going to sort through all my cards and think of ways to sell the darn things!

Nice soak in the back - oh i have an aromatherapy gift massage - might go and book that!

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 17:56:20 »
Do you have to see him Emma?
Bath is good. So are the BAch's remedies. A good book.  DVD. A walk on the wild side. Anything that involves digging or plants. Your preferred form of exercise. Sleep. Take herbal pills if necessary. A night out with a good friend. Laughter.

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 18:13:14 »
OliveOil,

Count to 50!

Gosh you have got yourself tied up.

Your going to blow something :-)

Its a good idea to pack his stuff up as you can control what goes, just dont pack it into his car and send it into the river as i have heard someone did recently.

It might we a good idea to get help, do you have a mutual friend who can come and take the stuff away for him rather than you meeting him?

I find cooking theraputic, i have just made some plain au chocolat, made some pizza dough with garlic and will be starting some banana nut muffins soon as i have lots of bananas to use up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/bananamuffins_71268.shtml

Cambourne7

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2007, 18:54:00 »
You need to relax and make yourself not worry about every little thing. I know i have an ex whose hobby is winding me up. Yesterday my youngest son told him he didn't want to visit him over the summer. His Father went berserk, not about the fact that he would miss having his son for the summer holiday but that he had paid for the train tickets to come and collect him. He's now charging his 13 year old son for his ticket!
I have high blood pressure too and I feel a lot safer now I'm on medication though it's taken about 4 months to get used to it. I felt really awlful for the first 3 months. The first type I was given gave me the worst headache I've had in my life (considering I suffer from bad migraines this was really bad and I only took one tablet). I was changed to another type and now i don't even notice it.
I almost immediately started taking cod liver oil capsules and I think this has helped because I haven't had to go past a starter dose of the medication and they also help Rheumatiod arthritis which I also suffer from.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2007, 19:34:23 »
I'm wanting to respond but i dont know what to say... my friend from work wants me to call her later when the kids are in bed so i'm looking forward to that.  I'm just watching the winds get up and worrying all my plants will be blown away in the plastic greenhouses.  I hope they last the night.

I would very much prefer not to see ex - i've managed to only see him once since i asked him to go and it was ok but since then its only been ok because i havent been in contact or seen him.  I guess i knew it would kick off at some point but i didnt think he would stoop as low as he did this afternoon.  But I do have to deal with him tomorrow as I want everything of him out of this house never to be seen again.  Then its over and done with and i can concentrate on relaxing again. I just have to remember to bite my tongue and not stoop to his level.  My mantra tomorrow ' dont stoop low!' 'dont stoop low!' LOL

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2007, 19:50:27 »
Can you have everything ready for him to take so that he doesn't actually have to cross the threshhold? What ages are your kids?  Can you get your friend to come and give you a hand/ spend some quality time with you? Orr your Mum or someone you are "safe" and relaxed with?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal