Author Topic: Back to work and back home again!  (Read 4862 times)

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
Re: Back to work and back home again!
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2007, 21:14:44 »
Put all the rest of his bits and pieces in a box, tell him you are leaving it outside the door and if he doesn't collect it by bin emptying day it will be taken away as rubbish.  And do it.

I have an Italian friend whose husband decided to leave her (after trreating her and her daughters really badly till his wife had no self esteem left).  He found a flat and then took four years to move into it.  Then, after the daughters moved out they had to sell the big flat, and where did his wife move to?  Yes, of course, she moved in with him, and the cycle started all over again.

Life's cr*p sometimes.  :(
The Tuscan Beaneater

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2007, 21:19:39 »
What a sh*t. Hope you ok and not stressing.  :-*
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2007, 21:44:09 »
Put all the rest of his bits and pieces in a box, tell him you are leaving it outside the door and if he doesn't collect it by bin emptying day it will be taken away as rubbish.  And do it.

And then chill........ Long soaky bath, aromatherapy, candles, your favourite music.. you get the picture? ;)

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2007, 21:44:43 »
And a glass of wine.  And a good book.  :) :)
The Tuscan Beaneater

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2007, 21:45:23 »
I'm ok... just thought today would be the end of it all and its not.  he has a stereo, 2 sets of speakers, whole record collection, pictures, remote controls and other stuff still here.. I had to force him to take the spare mattress as i told him i couldnt get rid of it and he brought it here.  

I just dont want him to see my new car on sunday - then he will think i have money and might take the fridge, w machine and dryer.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2007, 21:46:58 »
OH its bin day tomorrow but he wont know that, i'll tell him its recycling so he has until next thursday.

Oh i didnt tell you the good news either did i...

I have lost.....

2lb's in the last week... thats about the best thing - just another stone and a half to go!

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2007, 21:56:14 »
Yeah, well done, but stress is not the way to lose it.  I lost nearly a stone in the 10 days after my OH died.  :(
The Tuscan Beaneater

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2007, 21:58:37 »
I'm ok... just thought today would be the end of it all and its not.  he has a stereo, 2 sets of speakers, whole record collection, pictures, remote controls and other stuff still here.. I had to force him to take the spare mattress as i told him i couldnt get rid of it and he brought it here. 
Ebay? Freecycle?
I just dont want him to see my new car on sunday - then he will think i have money and might take the fridge, w machine and dryer. 

Hey they're his kids too aren't they? What kind of plonker would take that kind of stuff from his kids? The TV's bad enough, although actually he might be doing them a favour taking the TV but not stuff they and you need on a day to day basis.

Anyway presumably you bought a lot of the stuff together and even if he paid for it you have certain rights.

Sorry grawrc's getting on her high horse. Watch out for sparks.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2007, 07:30:31 »
Ahh actually they aren't his kids.

And I much prefer the three of us.

We watched corrie on my daughter portable last night but mum is bringing me their spare tv at the weekend.

All the furniture was mine, even down to the towels and bedding. All he bought was a fridge-freezer, washing machine, dryer and the crappy car - after he had run my car into the ground! 

So i'm not sure if he can technically take those things back - well he cant take the car because i have traded it and the garage has all the papers (which i had in my name to start with because i picked the car up and paid the insurance etc).  I know if they were his kids he couldnt... I don't think he will take them to be honest but i dont want to push it and think him seeing my new car might make him think.  Oh well i will just have to say that the other car died and my parents bought me the other one if it comes to it.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2007, 14:52:22 »
Hang in there sweetie, it will be sorted soon. What he hasn't taken  I think it is fair to presume he doesn't want. I would  however go through the house, pack anything you think is his, put in the garage, if he contacts you to get stuff allow him to collect that only. If he asks for anything else tell him tough,don't let him wander through choosing. Look after you XX Jeannine  CHANGE YOUR LOCKS
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2007, 15:48:18 »
Spot on Jeannine as always.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2007, 15:51:57 »
CHANGE YOUR LOCKS

ALL of them. 
The Tuscan Beaneater

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2007, 15:55:52 »
asbean i agree with you, get the keys back off him and change the locks anyway!!

If your just changing the tumberler its cheaper then the entire mecanism.

If you need a TV there is usaly on on freecycle.

Chin UP!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal