Author Topic: Back to work and back home again!  (Read 4864 times)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Re: Back to work and back home again!
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 20:58:23 »
yes good idea get the stuff pilled up and then close the door and leave him to pack it up.

Make sure that he does not add other things that are NOT his :-)

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007, 21:04:59 »
Grawrc's right - it would be wise to have someone else with you, good idea to pack everything and have it ready and waiting, so he doesn't have to come onto your territory.  He is less likely to threaten you with someone else there, and you'll feel better for having the backup.  Good luck xxx  :)
The Tuscan Beaneater

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007, 21:45:29 »
Hi OO, oh dear, what a pickle.

Great advice already given to have his stuff ready packed, perhaps even outside the door so you don't have to see him face to face, and have someone else there to support you if you have to let him in the house.

You know your friends would want you to ask, and they'll be more than pleased to be able to do something to help - so don't be afraid to ask - OK!

Now, take it easy, make sure to look after yourself  :-*
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 22:34:25 »
Hey Emma, good luck with the clearout tomorrow, ;D and I hope you've booked that massage. Book another whilst you're  there, it's good for the soul. ;)
Smile, it confuses people.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2007, 08:38:17 »
Morning Emma, hope you are feeling a bit more together today and you are ready to get the stuff handed over.

Don't forget after yesterday he is probably going to try to push your buttons,DON'T play his game and you be OK. If he is trying to hurt as you said yesterday he will look for your weak spots so be ready for it and try not to rise to the bait.

Our school is now closed all week so I am here if you need a chat.

Good luck, stay strong, don't play his game. He can only hurt you if you let him. XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 09:29:11 »
Good morning Emma. I hope you had a good night's sleep and are feeling prepared for the day. We're all rooting for you out here in cyberspace so just ask if there's anything we can do to help. We're listening and ready with support if you want it.

Take a deep breath and face the day serenely. Oh btw slow deep breathing can help you calm down too. Think yoga and zen.
Hugs
Anne

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 09:42:30 »
Emma, I just wanted to add myself to the list of people thinking of you.  Look after yourself, you have loads of support here, we are all thinking of you.  Take care. x ;)

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 11:33:06 »
Ah well, he didnt turn up did he! Anyway apparently he is coming later. I'm trying to stay calm but its really hard. I was going to pack his stuff up but that was getting me stressed, so stopped doing that. I just want him to be gone so that i can chill.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 11:44:08 »
Can you arrange to have someone else with you when he comes? It would make it easier for you I think.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2007, 11:51:44 »
No, everyone is at work and my mum would kill him - literally.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2007, 11:57:39 »
Pack his stuff up while you're waiting - it will give you something to do to use the energy.  Otherwise you'll sit and steam and your blood pressure will go sky high.  :(
The Tuscan Beaneater

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 12:07:58 »
you dont have to pack it neatly get some black sacks and start chucking stuff in :-)

that sounds quite theraputic!!

cazy

• Acre
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2007, 12:24:47 »
Hi Emma, thinking of you too. Ive 'been there, read the book, got the T shirt.
Very good advice from your friends here.  Keep calm, deep breaths.  If you act serene when he arrives your body will take over the feeling.
A mantra is an excellent idea.  Start one now, one that takes you into the future.  Believe me, life is really good on the other side of now. good luck and remember your the one that matters, not his silly belongings.
got a lottie got a life

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2007, 14:59:10 »
Oh and from some 50's musical ... Someone will know which ... South Pacific? you could sing as you chuck stuff in the bags:

"I'm gonna wash that mad right out of my hair
I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair
I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair
and send him on his way..."
http://www.hamienet.com/midi12191.html is the music and
http://www.lyricsandsongs.com/song/509624.html the lyrics.

You could change it to : I'm gonna cut that man right outta my life or something similar.

Now the benefits: singing is deep breathing, the tune is a happy one and singing is almost as good as laughter for inducing serenity and relaxing you. Hey you could even make it your mantra! ;) ;)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2007, 15:11:38 »

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2007, 15:20:40 »
ah you ladies crack me up... well nothing has happened today. I was hoping he would be gone and i could clean up and then relax but nooooo he has to drag this out making it as difficult for me as he can... so will just have to try to see it differently. Going to pick kids up in a minute then ??? ummm don't know... really don't know. cook tea probably lol.

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2007, 20:38:14 »
Hey OO, just wanted you to know i'm thinking of you, sending positive (and calming!) vibes & hopiing things have gone as okay as can be expected.

Take care honey x
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2007, 20:43:37 »
has he turned up today to collect his stuff?

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2007, 21:03:36 »
Yes he turned up at 2.50pm.... I couldnt help lift the tv... i think with being unwell i have lost all my strength so he had to do it himself and it got scratched to buggery!

I had to nip out to get my son... i told him i wouldnt be long... got back and he was gone... All the stuff in the cellar still there and some odd bits lying around like the blooming tv and dvd remotes! 

He is really trying to drag this out isnt he... we were both civil though hardly spoke to each other. I just cant believe he left things here!

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2007, 21:12:09 »
I think I would collect all the remainder of his stuff into black bags and leave it outside for him to collect - and tell him that if he doesn't collect it that it will be left outside for the bin men. Put the onus on him - if he wants it then he will have to collect it within a few days - unless you have fortnightly collections!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal