Author Topic: Message to the person who cut off my squash plants at ground level  (Read 12422 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
If you are a watcher and you do belong my lottie I would like to say  you must be some sort of sicko to go onto my lottie and chop off all my squash at ground level,and if you are stupid enough to believe that I think it was cutworms or someother insect then I pity you. You forgot the rain!! Your boot marks were all over the ground by every single plant.

If you are reading this and your plan was to hurt me, then pat yourself on the back, you succeeded ...big time.

Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

flossie

• Hectare
  • Lincoln
Oh no Jeannine, how cruel :'(

blisters

• Quarter Acre
  • Dorset
Oh Jeannine, I'm so sorry. 

Some people are just sick - to get a kick from doing something so mean. :'(

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Jesus Jeannine I thought there was going to be a punch line, evil barstards. >:(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

greenscrump

• Acre
  • Rye, East Sussex
spiteful b******   >:(

I hope you haven't lost all of your squash Jeannine - do you have any spares ??

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Unbelievable! If they'd dug them up it would have been bad enough, but this is just mindless vandalism! Hope you can get some replacements, Jeannine. It must be horrible knowing someone's been on your patch like that. :(

ellkebe

• Hectare
Jeannine - only just read this - so angry on your behalf  >:(
I received the squash seeds that you kindly sent yesterday/ the day before - pm me if you'd like all/ some back and they'll be in the post asap.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Thanks friends,I wasn't going to mention it but after sitting here an hour I just  had to get it out of my sytem.

Maybe coincidence but one of my watering cans and small box of tools went from my lottie overnight too and a couple of other owners had some stuff go. As it very rainy and not many folks about I doubt we will know the full damage to other plots till the weekend. Last year someone got a big kick out of going from lottie to lottie cuttings any ropes or strings they could find and several pumpkins had scratches in them so they split open as they grew and one really nice old gent has lost greenhouse windows for the last three weeks ,and a few each time.

I had 48 different winter squash and pumpkins planted out covering 2/3  of one lottie. They missed the only 4 summer squash I had planted on the second lottie.

What is really upsetting was among them was Supersprouts Triamble.

I still have loads of seeds  for all of them  of course but I don't think I will plant them again.

Maybe the sicko felt he had to massacre my chances of winning in the lottie veggie show....well if you are reading this , think about it, I have never shown,I don't enter competitions, I just go to look !!!!

I guess if they are reading my greenhouse windows will go tomorrow now.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
that's really dreadful.Spiteful, vindictive, evil. I'm so sorry for you

clive

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
What a horrible thing to happen - I just can't understand how anyone could get a kick out of it - they must be really sick.  Jeannine, don't let the buggers get you down, plant some more  - & protect them with barbed wire or somesuch. 

sarah

• Hectare
o Jeannine, what a horible thing.  i am so sorry.  i thinkyou should plant more, dont let them win. you have shared so much with us that i know everyone will want to send you a seed or two to make you feel better.  dont let the barstewards grind you down.  :-*

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Sarah thank you but I have tons of seeds, what I don't have is  the long season that I need to grow some of my  bigger squash. In a way I am glad it is not just me as I shan't take it personally. XX Jeannine

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Some people are just sick.

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
don't take it personally Jeannine - the kind of people who do this don't need a reason, they are just sick. I am so sorry for you, you really don't deserve this. Sarah and i were marvelling over all your gorgeous seeds this morning and now this for you. It's not fair. Fume fume fume.  >:( >:( >:( >:(
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
Very sad to read this. :(

I'd offer to bring the boys round, but I suspect you wouldn't approve.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
Jeannine, I feel sick to my stomach at your news - so God only knows how sick you must be feeling. Please don't let the sicko beat you. Sow a few smaller squash which will still ripen, just to show that you haven't been beaten by such a vindictive cruel person.

Is vandalism so prevalent on your lottie sites? Although I've often wished I had a lottie, maybe I'm better off with my small walled garden and just enough space to keep veggie gardening a fun pastime for me.

Hugs

Tricia

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Last year we had folks who had tomatoes outside fastened to strings on an overhead frame,they cut the strings,I had a bean fence with wires top to bottom and side to side, they cut the wires. Then we have the person who picks everybodies gooseberries in the night. Not nice is it XX Jeannine

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
How secure is your lottie?

We are at risks of the kids from the hood at all times.

Sometimes they only do silly things, like tipping butts over and moving barrows around. Other times is pulling up canes. It is not unknown for greenhouses to loose pains, or plants to be pulled up (but not removed), and sometimes for mature crops to dissappear !

ninnyscrops

• Hectare
  • Doing what comes naturally......in West Sussex
Sorry to hear of this Jeannine. Local people probably know who the kids are (if it is kids) but their hands are tied.  You can't get the kids to do manual labour like digging on the plot as a punishment because someone has to be CRB checked, or, it would infringe their human rights or something. I put this suggestion forward at our AGM after our plot was done, but too many obstacles in the way for anyone to be able to help these youngsters. That's where it's all gone wrong it's the adults making crass policies that have given the young ones an escape route!
If I ever get it all right - then that's the time to quit.

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
oh no, this is terrible.  I just don't understand why people are compelled to do such dreadful things.  so sorry

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal