Author Topic: Message to the person who cut off my squash plants at ground level  (Read 12421 times)

wilko

• Acre
  • Crowle
 :'( Jeannine

just read this post

I'm so sorry, it's so hard to comprehend the mind set of people who would do such a thing  :-\

I hope your feeling better now  :-*
Life is to short !!!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
I am fine now thank you,they missed the four plants that went out the week before on my other lottie and they have baby yellow pattypan squash on now,about 1 inch wide. The others are being re seeded. I have said this for 5 days now, but they are getting done tonight. All the pots are filled and the name tags done.

Thank you for caring,it is very comforting XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Paulines7

• Hectare
Having been away for a week in Devon, I have just seen this post.  How can anyone be so cruel as to destroy all the hard work that someone else has done.   :'(  You must have been devastated. 

Somehow I don't think a fellow allotmenteer would have done this to you and the others as they would have appreciated the hours that are put in week after week. 

I think it was probably a mindless prank from a youngster, probably to impress his mates.  I just hope that he doesn't come back when everything is planted out again.  Sorry if I am being sexist here but it is usually youths that get up to this sort of thing.  I am pleased the squash plants from the seeds received from Sarah are safe and hope there is something that you can do to keep the destructive person or persons away from your allotment.

Looking forward to meeting you at Barnsdale.

Pauline

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Only just caught up with this, Jeanine (been away too)So sorry for you and your fellows. I would be inclined to dig a few ankle damaging camoflaged pits around them now ;D
Glad you're up and running again.
Smile, it confuses people.

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
Oooh pits is a great idea - you'd have to remember where they were though!!

Glad you're all back on track Jeannine - I bet it takes more than that to keep you down girl!  ;D ;D ;D

By the way - the pumpkemons have germinated, beans still to come, planted sweetcorn, courgettes and squash today at the lottie. Thanks for all those gorgeous seeds, I have shared a few round to keep the love going!  ;D :-*
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 14:43:36 by emmy1978 »
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Wot is a 'pumpkemon' please? Surely not a cross.........no.
Smile, it confuses people.

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
It's a little pumpkin! L'il pump-ke-mons they are called. A prezzie from Jeannine. I'm keeping 2 or 3 and the rest will go to the school fair.
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
Jeannine!!  :o what an absolute crock !!

Toal and utter JEALOUSY comes to mind ...  but I'm pleased to read that you are indomitable!!  Yay !!  ;D

... and just for the record guys I'm sorry that Barnsdale is too far away for me ... I would so like to have met such generous hearted folk  ;)
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal