Author Topic: Message to the person who cut off my squash plants at ground level  (Read 12420 times)

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
I hope you reported it to the police. Obviously they won't do anything about it, but if vandalism or whatever happens again, they may stir themselves into sending a patrol around more (?) often. Also every little statistic helps when they put in their request for funding. Also hopefully it helps to make your useless Chief Constable a little less pleased with himself

MattyJC

• Half Acre
  • South Oxfordshire
Really sorry to hear about this sick attack...whats the point??

When our site got turned over last year, we reported it and an officer (with land rover!) came down and handed a few cards out, said nothing would really come of it but he promised to keep a check on the site, which seems to be happening, I have seen him a few times now, which is great!

I noticed a few people have suggested CCTV and other forms of revenge, I know it feels like a good idea, but be REALLY careful if you do as you could end up being the one in court...thanks to the great  ??? laws in place!

Regards

Matt

markfield rover

• Hectare
Sow again and plenty of Yorkshire grit!

legendaryone

• Hectare
Just been visiting some pumpkin sites then came on here and i cannot believe what i have read, don't give up and keep smiling because one day they will get thier come uppence  ;D
All those who believe in Telekinesis, Raise my hand.

Linda Tal

• Half Acre
  • Swadlincote, South Derbyshire
Jeannine, I'm so sorry for you.  Unfortunately I've not tried growing squashes yet, so can't offer any help with seeds/plants but if you need anything else, please let me know and I'll do everything I can.

Try not to let them get to you, keep your chin up and keep going.

Take care  ;)

Linda x

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
I filled all my 3 inch pots this morning and the seeds will in tonight,yesterday I fely hurt and angry and somewhat judgemental but today  I am back to being me again and yes they are sick,but perhaps better that they hit us rather than the older couple down the way who would not be able to build again.

Thank you all for all the hugs etc, it is wonderful to hear, like a family who come together at a moments notice, I know no-one can change it but it is great to know you care XX Jeannine

Thats it chin up :-)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
if yo don't want seeds, here's cyber hugs instead  :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Thank you,for the hugs.

Good news too, I am so pleased I have just realised  that the 2 I kept for growing at home were Superspouts Triambles,as they were special I didn't put them out with the others.

na na na na na...

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
Play this to the cut-off seedlings!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKSE0ou67TI
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
if anyone is going to Barnsdale from Huddersfield or Sheffield I can send a Baby Bear and a Sunshine.  Also have butternuts and some home saved turks turbans

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Trixie, thank you, hey it might just work too,I haven't totally given up on the idea that they might grow back.

I think I should be the roller skater in Spandex in the backgorund though while she is singing. I really need to encourage them after all.

I wonder what kind of a nickname I would get then.

Thanks for the laugh XXX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Sorry I forgot to say, thank you for all the offers of plants and seeds. I so have loads of seeds of all the varieties I lost ...and then some,and I have just been offered about 15 assorted plants from a neighbour so I am fine for plants  but it is lovely that you offered. Thank you again XX Jeannine

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
Glad to hear you're keeping your chin up Jeannine. I would agree that as the vandalism is continued and vindictive - I would call the police.
i think i'd rather have everything nicked outright than just cut strings and ruined crops etc. At least then you can think at least someone is eating it!
Is there a veg competition on your site or locally. I had a thought it could be that if such things go on - which they probably do.
cutting strings and slicing through the stems doesn't seem like kids does it? they would just smash it all up or something equally destructive. Seems too calculated. So spiteful. Still fuming for you!!  >:( >:( >:(
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

David R

• Acre
so sorry, did'nt see this post when i replied to your question on the other side, thought you might have one broken not loads ::)

dont know if its any help, and without seeing the damage, it does sound like someone who knows what they're doing rather than just kids. the upshot is that its probably someone on the plot that you might have met??? and therefore could identify. i would definately report it to the association and the police.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
Jeannine, just read this, and as a fellow squashaholic I would be as devastated and angry as you! :'( :'( >:( >:(

Hopefully we will get a long hot summer and your new seeds will romp away! ;D

Makes me shake my head in amazement when I hear things like this, and I would rather they had done it to me runners than the squash! ;)

Glad to hear you are back smiling! ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Well we found out today we are not the only ones who have been vandalised.

Two plots had there greenhouse tomatoes cut off at root level and one lottie owner had their strawberry  plants pulled up and stuck back in the holes upside down.

Nuff said

XX Jeannine

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
Have only just read this thread  and I am appalled What a mindless vindictive act! Jeanine, I am really sorry for. My greenhouse has recently been targeted by some little darlings from the local school and windows have been smashed, one when I  was very near, but the vandalism on yuor site seems so vindictive and unpleasant. I can replace broken windows and put up a net shield, but all your plants have been lovingly grown and nutured.

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
Oh Jeannine, ive only just caught up with all of this  >:(

I am so sad and devestated for you.

You are a superb lady and have been so kind to me personally and it really breaks my heart to know that you have lost so many precious squashes.

I am just so glad that you discovered the ones you had saved at home were actually Sarahs, i know that will mean a lot to you.

Ive actually planted out both Sarahs and some you sent to me this very morning, so was thinking of you both.

Chin up duck x x x

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Only just seen this Jeannine... dreadfully sorry. Are you sure you are alright for plants? We are on half term next week 25th onwards and I could detour via Hull with some of Deb P's spares... and call in on MIL in York!
 ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Thanks Saddad, we are Ok, planting new ones and had load of local offers, that is so sweet of you. Might be a blessing actually, I have bought several new ones since I first sowed.

Thanks again XXX Jeannine

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal