Author Topic: Nick names for lottie goers whose names you don't know  (Read 14389 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Nick names for lottie goers whose names you don't know
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2007, 19:13:22 »
I think I like the sound of your lot best XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2007, 19:25:04 »
just remembered, brian's little monkey boy, aka tony, does everything moaning minny (brian), asks him to, always moaning about not being told what's being done on the plots but doesn't come to meetings..brian's an ex plot holder  :)

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 19:34:06 »
I forgot Lorry Paddy Mick!

He's not a lottie holder, but he turns up every week with a lorry full of SH*TE that he claims is good for us all!

If you sift through the car bonnets, old fridges and general detritus, you can find some good burning wood and the occassional 'antique' window frame from 1987.

In fact, last week he came round with about 150sq yards of vile beige carpet tiles - he marketed it as "Da foinest Axminster carpet from a stately home! The Duchess was beggin' me to take it awoiy"
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 19:38:57 »
he certainly knows how to avoid paying to dump his sh*te  ;D

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 19:45:11 »
Oh yes Manics! He's a MASTER!
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

bennettsleg

• Hectare
  • hertford, herts. 2 windowsills, no greenhouse
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 13:12:41 »
MARVELLOUS THREAD!  Reading this at work.  Muffled shrieks of laughter with streaming eyes have led people to to believe I'm having some kind of a breakdown!

Can't really mach any of yours for hysteria level, but we have:

Mr Fruit Bush - loads of black/white currants. His plot looks like an orchard. Wonderful!

Pumpkin Shed - quintessentially photogenic, neat and tidy shed painted in a pale grey/blue, the perfect colour to show of the rows of pumpkins on the windowsill. It looks fantastic come harvest time.

Hungarian Hot Wax Man - as he grows chillies on his plot....

Mrs Not Yours Its Mine - has lived next door to the site for nigh-on 40 years, thinks she owns the place and managed to mangle my trailer as she took objection to where it was given permission to be stored...

The Hard-Core - people near the entrance to the plots.  Perfectly manicured, appropriately sized yet neat crops properly succession sown, where "never allotmenteered before" newbies get Allotment of the Year in their first year, home of:

Mr & Mrs Gauleiter (an uneccessarily harsh nick-name created by allotment-hating OH) - Chairman and his wife.  She's more easy going than he is but I don't think either of them understand my country bumpkin, tree-hungging, raised-by-hippies approach to nature/growing.

Refined Muck - delivers all the manure and tells us that it's good muck as there's lots of "do-ings" in it.  Does she mean poo...?

The Gent - wears a suit & tie but has a selectively productive but messy plot. He's quite quiet and has a wonderful aura about him.

Green Fingered Dog Man - a lovely, generous man with a dog and a small plot but who can make anything grow.

The Neighbours - you can figure out why...! Lovely people. Scarily good gardeners.

Lasagne Bed Bloke - close to the Hard-Core, but doesn't stock up on daleks.

God alone knows what they call me..!!!

If they read this, I'm doomed! ;D ;D ;D

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2007, 13:19:37 »
MARVELLOUS THREAD!  Reading this at work.  Muffled shrieks of laughter with streaming eyes have led people to to believe I'm having some kind of a breakdown!

likewise, I read this thread yesterday and it made Ribena come out of my nose :o :-[

sally_cinnamon

• Acre
  • "A posse ad esse" - From possibility to actuality
    • Got a new website - still not finished!!
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2007, 13:42:44 »

likewise, I read this thread yesterday and it made Ribena come out of my nose :o :-[

Were you drinking Ribena at the time?  Cos if not, that's really wierd!!!   ;D

Love this thread btw, I wish I could contribute but so far the people I've met have introduced themselves with thier names so I don't have to make up names for them.   Although might do it anyway...!
Thank you to all who donated to the Moonlight Half Marathon Walk in aid of St Catherine's Hospice - my mum and I raised just over £300!!!    ............     Thanks!  :-)

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2007, 13:56:09 »
We used to have 'old vinegar drawers'  she was always moaning and had a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Marvelous ... reminds me of several 'oldies' I knew !!

Sadly I see very few on our plots to be social with ... they simply aren't  :-X

However I know most of them through their kids ...

Little girl with my marigolds, :D

Little boy the artist, who drew me a pictue thank-you for his marrow !! He gave me back a bean last year  ;)

... and the  Munchkins  :D

To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Lillypad

• Quarter Acre
  • Harrogate
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2007, 17:59:20 »
I have a Mr Perfect too. His plot is always immaculate and always puts mine to shame. However, his really nice and gives advice, but only if asked. The others are usually described to OH in relation to where they are e.g. next door towards the road (OH is terrible at remembering names).

We used to live opposite Mr & Mrs Tom, Dick and Harry - so called because she complained loudly in our presence about ' every T., D., & H.' parking on the road outside her gate. I don't think she realised that no-one has the right to the bit of road outside their house. (It was in a row of terraced cottages).

I don't know if I have a nickname but if I have it's prbably 'Cloth Ears' if other nicknames on this thread are anything to go by. Yes, I'm very deaf but I don't take exception to it as it's no different from calling someone Longlegs, or Stick Insect for example.

gerbera

• Half Acre
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2007, 18:31:29 »
Having read about all your "characters", I wish I had a lottie! I'm at the wrong end of a 10 year waiting list, and don't even have neighbours where I live.....so I'm a lonely gardener.  :'(

I'm sure veggie growing would be even more fun when combined with some "people watching"! 8)

Cherish your odd-bods! ;)

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2007, 18:45:49 »
Having read about all your "characters", I wish I had a lottie! I'm at the wrong end of a 10 year waiting list, and don't even have neighbours where I live.....so I'm a lonely gardener.  :'(

I'm sure veggie growing would be even more fun when combined with some "people watching"! 8)

Cherish your odd-bods! ;)
everything comes to he who waits, creckless, here's hoping you get to the top of the list soon  :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2007, 18:57:02 »
I am glad I started this thread too, I admit I was a little nervous when I did it, but am so relieved I am definately not alone.

My nicknames seem tame compared to some and I have laughed till I have cried and ...............

Excuse me I have to go somewhere rather quickly.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Meg

• Acre
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2007, 21:21:08 »
my friends car has reg KFC so they call her "Finger Licking Good" I cried when she told me.
Marigold

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2007, 21:48:40 »
Great thread.....

I'm -  "that young girl on number 2".......  (not bad!!! - makes my old bones ache a whole lot less when I hear that!).

I have lovely neighbours - but the most helpful chap self-styles himself "the Terrorist" and has a skull and crossbones flag flying above his plot!!! - he mended my shed door for me out of pure kindness!  He has an immaculate plot and has a job that starts early so he can get to his lottie ever day!  The world needs more like him I say!

A chap near me I call the "Asparagus man" as I forgot his name and he had just planted his asparagus and was very proud of it!

Louise
X
Grow yer bugger grow!

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2007, 12:42:19 »
wonder what they call you ;) ;D
I doubt they are as imaginative as Jeannine!

Great thread.....

I'm -  "that young girl on number 2".......  (not bad!!! - makes my old bones ache a whole lot less when I hear that!).

I have lovely neighbours - but the most helpful chap self-styles himself "the Terrorist" and has a skull and crossbones flag flying above his plot!!!

Louise
X

I woud rename him Jack Sparrow!  ;)

We only have so far 'The Major' self explanatory! My lovely Italian neighbours were The Corleones, but now I know their names, that ones been put to bed. We have Miss Marple, who is always popping in to talk flowers, knows everything about everyone and calls my girls The Pansies as they cheer her up. My neighbour on the other side was Victorian Dad as he was so strict with us on what would work and what wouldn't, now he is Mr Parsnip as all he talks about is 'Tender and True', think that might be all he's planning to grow.  ;D My best lottie neighbour is Sarah off this site!  8)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 12:55:47 by emmy1978 »
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2007, 12:57:54 »
 ;D

sutton girl

• Half Acre
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2007, 16:56:20 »
We have a neighbour who we call peter perfect because he go's around with his hand behind his back and Say's that not straight and another one we call Mrs bucket because she gives the workman china cups to drink out and on the lottie we have a chap that we call numb nuts because he has put a lock on his gate but it's only 2foot high so you could if you wanted to step over it
Sue

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2007, 21:08:53 »
Got a Rambo,old boy who must be seventy+ allways got combat pants string vest and a bandanna on. Then there's wobblychops, moves his chops up and down when concentrating. Clock man, got a clock in his shed window. Plod, ex copper.The Rottiwielier wife of a plot holder.

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2007, 11:45:00 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D This thread has had me in stitches! Imagine if these people are here on this site and identify you and themselves. Be a bit frosty in the lottie shop eh?
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal