Author Topic: Nick names for lottie goers whose names you don't know  (Read 14392 times)

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
Re: Nick names for lottie goers whose names you don't know
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2007, 21:37:08 »
When he retires from the committes PG I suppose you can call him asbean.   ;D ;D ;D

I'm just catching up on unread posts and just seen this. Very funny  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The Tuscan Beaneater

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2008, 22:06:57 »
Bringing this one back for the newbies too.

This is really worth reading through if you feel down in the dumps, especially the one about the farm that  was reminicent of the duelling banjos, priceless.

It was by Doris Pinks as in on page 4..don't miss it

XX Jeannine
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 22:21:20 by Jeannine »
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2008, 19:16:39 »
Bump for  manics.
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2008, 20:27:44 »
thanks, Jeannine, back down (funny) memory lane  ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2010, 08:13:07 »
Bump another really funny post

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2010, 08:40:57 »
Few of them gone, now..we have butt man as he brings water butts, co chees ?  sp..'cos he's an indian giver and Big Dave, little Dave, Big Keith and little Keith, all for obvious reasons  ;D

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2010, 09:34:28 »
Great thread.  Good Laugh.

I am hopeless at names so more or less all the allotments have nicknames.

I have Mr and Mrs The model allotment It is so well organised. 
Starwars because everything is in such neat straight rows right across the plot. it looks like the imperial armies ready for action.
Courgettes. He does not grow much else. 
Vinyard
Cosmos
Bamboo Curtain - that's me becuase I grow tall peas along the edge of my plot and a lot of climbing beans.
Crazy Dog - refers to his puppy.
Raspberry - he has so many that soon they will take over the entire site.  Everyone else is stuggling to get them to grow.
Diggin Dave - He is the most incredible digger the soil is about a foot higher when he has finished.
Then there are those called by their weeds.  Dandelion, Poppy, Pimpernel and Long Grass.  It is very interesting that on one site different people specailize in a particular weed. 
Final Frontier - they seem to have so much space between everything.

detailista

• Half Acre
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2010, 10:52:35 »
I heard that there was an allotmenteer  known as 'Tony Blackburn', bit of a legend and his name often came up in others converstaions - spent months looking out for someone with the looks or voice only to discover the gent in question really is called Tony Blackburn. 

8)

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2010, 11:06:59 »
if you've ever seen the "real" Tony Blackburn, he's a very strange colour indeed.

If he went abroad i'd be surprised if they let him back in

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2010, 11:10:04 »
if you've ever seen the "real" Tony Blackburn, he's a very strange colour indeed.

If he went abroad i'd be surprised if they let him back in

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2010, 03:24:36 »
I have to find all new names now for my new neighbours.. so far we only have a few.

Blow Hole and Brat..this is a man who comes with his teenage daughter, he uses her as a puppet and talks to her when he is really wanting everyone to hear him, this is funny cos he hasn't a clue about gardening bit pretends he does rather than just say so.. we were a bit amused when he planted hos potatoes as he cut them up into dice.. must have hread that some folks cut them, needless to say none grew, we then  heard him telling his daughter in his big voice that the moles had eaten all his spuds. She is brat because she doesn't want to be there and sits and sulks and throws tantrums till he leaves.

Garlic Lil is behind us, she has 4 plots behind us, all filled with raised beds with very weedy paths, all the lotties except 1 are filled with garlic.

Sweetie is a lovely man who has got a plot just down from us, a very shy man who seems to not actually speak to anyone,  he bows as we go past and is really sweet, we say good moring etc and he just answers yes.

Still trying to figure out a name fo the man who comes in his big 4x4 and takes up 2 handicapped spots to park it although he has no badge. The one I have in my head is not agood one.

We have one man who talks to himself, he answers too.I think I heard himself  calling himself Dave, so he is Dave For Now.

We also have a hunk, he must be 6'6" , he is about 55ish but boy does he look good..haven't got a name I can write. I usally refer to him as .."mm..you know"  John knows exactly who I mean. I need to find an excuse to talk to him!!

We have the Newlyweds, don't know if they are but their minds are rarely on digging!!

XX Jeannine

fi

• Half Acre
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2010, 09:20:39 »
we  call one ploholder 'man with the big rhubarb' he got this nickname because i must have said to my youngest something about loving the big rhubarb on the plot. few days later my son sparks up "mummys in love with the man with the big rhubarb'.

mpdjulie

• Acre
« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2010, 09:26:21 »
On our site we have:
Red cap – because he wears a red cap all the time.
Chicken man – he keeps chickens
Bill and Ben – two older fellas who row a bit sometimes
Threeadore – A greedy man who took on 3 plots for himself and 3 for his wheelchair bound wife and has yet to do anything with them aside from brag about how he’s going to be self sufficient and that he doesn’t need anyone’s advice on how to clear brambles.  A*****e
Greenhouse man – we found out that’s what people called my husband before they knew his name as he built a rather large greenhouse
Thieving F*****s – They are called the “Jesus Army”.  They are church people believe it nor not.  They have stolen a door that someone had on their plot to replace a shed one with, glass sheets from ours which they used as a screen for their pepper plants – which I promptly took back only to be told by another allotmenteer that they had complained to them because someone had stolen THEIR glass from their plot!!  Black buckets from our plot and they have only had a plot from April this year.  For a Christian church group they're not very Christian.
I really dread to think what people call me.  I can be, lets say, opinionated, outspoken and I don’t suffer fools gladly.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 09:29:38 by mpdjulie »

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2010, 23:42:49 »
Judging by the amout of stuff they took from you...Pushover... but when you took it back probably.. Her Not To Mess With !! Well done.

I can't figure out why anyone froma church group could  do that, they certainly seem to be commandment deficient, I wonder ahow many more they choose not to follow..scary to me.

Well I am glad Mum has good taste, and so pleased he doesn't grow carrotts..

We have a rather odd lady who doesn't have a name yet as I am still sizing her up. She walks  from her plot  past ours over and over again carrying a bucket with a trowel in it, followed by a manky dog, The bucket is not full, it may be half full but so far I haven't been able to see in from a distance. She goes in the direction of the manure pile, which from her plot and back again must be half a mile. She has the bucket in one hand and the other hand she has over her ear. Really odd.It's not dog poo cos she never picks that up!!  Any ideas?

We have a lesbian couple who are very nice, one is very dainty and one quite the opposite, we have nicknamed them Little and Large.

Oh and I have another tall gent not unlike one we had in the Uk who walks so slow he is almost stood still, and he comes around with comments full od doom.. He is Creeping Death.

We have Blossom End Rot, this is man who must sit to weed as his rear end is always muddy and his pants are always worn there.I sspect he slides accross the ground.

XX Jeannine

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal