Author Topic: General Chitter Chatter & His Sidekick Captain Claptrap!  (Read 66340 times)

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
Re: General Chitter Chatter & His Sidekick Captain Claptrap!
« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2007, 22:47:25 »
Wow - they should bring the sunshine out. I can't do pictures yet, but just as well as most of the polka dots on mine are covered in mud! One old fellow commented yesterday about the fact they were too ddirty to see the spots so i pointed out that i was obviously working much harder than him. Perhaps  I shall wear the bright red swirly ones tomorrow to see what comments I get!!

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2007, 22:50:11 »
Caroline i love them so much  ;D

Bearing in mind there is a certain girl awaiting Mothers Day and a birthday, i wondered where did you get them from? :-*

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2007, 22:53:51 »
i wondered where did you get them from?

I got them from Lidl, £5.99. They had pink roses and blue swirls too.

cj :)

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2007, 08:58:21 »
I can't post pics either. But my first pair were covered in pink and yellow flowers and my current pair are a very fetching lepoardskin design  ;D

I painted my Father-in-law's wellies in pink gloss paint last year .... I was SOOOOOOOOO in trouble  ::)
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2007, 09:08:37 »
I spent 2 hours on the net last night trying to wide calf ones, I did but they were blagh not fancy I might end up decorating a pair yet. XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2007, 09:23:45 »
OOh yeah! Customized wellies  ;D With gemstones and fur and feathers etc.  ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2007, 09:45:13 »
Well don't knock it till you see it,it's not fair that they don't make fancy wellies for fat legs. I did find a shop that would cutom make them to fit at £295...Not

Feathers,I hadn't thought of that one,come to think of it I do have a big pair of wellies at the lottie that never get used ...MMM Thank you for that idea

XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #127 on: March 10, 2007, 11:37:09 »
Dont forget to post a pic of your finished masterpiece, Jeannine ;D

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #128 on: March 10, 2007, 12:45:49 »
 here are my rosie ones. our arold is my chrimble prezzie from OH
marg ;D
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

bennettsleg

• Hectare
  • hertford, herts. 2 windowsills, no greenhouse
« Reply #129 on: March 10, 2007, 14:45:44 »
My word, just discovered this thread - marvellous!

Fancy wellies for piano legs - now there's a marking niche just waiting to be filled.  I'd be happy with a pair of wellies that would not only fit my calves but also be a doddle to slide over my inhumanly high insteps.

The boobs on the poolside statuette - I think she's sickeningly young and time hasn't taken its toll yet. I remember when mine were like that a loooong time ago <sigh>.  I bought some bras in the USA this year which re-enacted my youthful boobs (on a grander scale! ;D)  which were not only padded but came with inflated soft plastic chicken fillets.  My word - is all that completely necessary?!?!

Other news - I'm looking for a new job, the flat sale has fallen thorough when contracts were due to be exchanged so draughty (gale force) front door and french windows will remain for another few months. Let's hope that everything gets completed so we have half a chance of being rid of draughts before next winter. We are also posessors of a dead shower, a leaky bathroom (onto the flat below...) a broken dishwasher and a bugger of a badly-planned kitchen. Like mum, I seem to be ending up sorting out other people's terrifying DIY skills! (The previous owners left us a hole the size of a fist covered with brown parcel tape.  Tells you all you need to know, really!)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #130 on: March 10, 2007, 16:13:16 »
Keep those pictures coming I am taking it all in...my wellie creation is just in the beginning phase...ie   I am thinking about it.  Fat legs or not I will go to the Ball!!

XX Jeannine

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #131 on: March 10, 2007, 16:16:15 »
TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY FIVE QUID FOR A PAIR OF WELLIES? I could knit you a pair out of rubber wool for a fiver  ;D

Our 'Arold doesn't seem too impressed with your wellies Marg! Or had he just got out of the wrong side of bed this morning?

Hello Bennettsleg! Come in and join us 'over the garden wall'  ;D

Had a great day today, planting ALL SORTS of things  ;D And my neighbour Ahmed has risen to my 'pumpkin competition' bait  ;D Every year he grows whacking great pumpkins and boasts about them. I wouldn't mind, but they grow on MY side of the hedge and he has to have visiting rights and pay maintenance for them.

He said today: "Hmmmm ... don't think I'll grow pumpkins this year"

ME: "Oh what a shame Ahmed. I do so enjoy our merry banter about who's is biggest. I've even got my seeds ready to plant."

AHMED: "Oh all right then. I'd better go and sort mine out then"

SUCKER!!!!!!!!! I've bought some Atlantic Giant seeds  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

He won't know what's hit him!

And thanks to A4A I also won a 'what's this plant' competition. Big Al posted an identification help thread this week which turned out to be a lovage plant. I'd never seen one before.

Ahmed showed me round one of our Italian friend's allotments (sadly he died last year) and there were 2 plants randomly growing in the greenhouse.

AHMED: "Me and Dario have no idea what these plants are. No-one else seems to know either. We think they might be weeds."

ME: (Casually ..) "Oh no Ahmed! It's lovage .. used in cooking for blah blah blah. I'm surprised Dario doesn't know what it is. It's very popular in Italy you know"

I WON THAT ONE ... THANKS BIG AL  ;D

P.S. This is all lighthearted banter really. We are very good friends really  :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #132 on: March 10, 2007, 16:25:01 »
we're all the same on our plots, just as well, really, sometimes the 'insults' fly..planted some beetroot between the onions today, some long white icicle radish in the parsnip bed, they're still looking great
the first lot of peas in guttering are looking brilliant, another week and they can go out, under a cloche
forgot the camera for the fruit cage piccies, will remember tomorrow..need a shower and a sit down now..pleasantly tired now  ;D ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #133 on: March 10, 2007, 16:56:11 »
I actually managed to stay a while on my plot today(ill all week), over a coffee I happened to say to someone I was going to pull all my goosegobs  out as I had not had any since I planted them three years  ago, I said I got fruit,lots of it and when it was just on the point of being ready it vanished literally overnight,not a trace,I said the birds didn't even drop one in flight.I was then told it was not the birds but a two footed pincher who has stripped several plots for the last few years,trouble is they can't catch him. Whoever he/she is only takes gooseberries and they all go on the same night, and apparently this crook is choosy, he/she never takes them from anywhere if there is the slightest sign of mildew. This would explain why mine vanished(mostly Pax) and my neighbours  with Wh Indusrtry or some such  name were left as his were damaged.

What does one do in a situation like this,he/she are not partial to blackcurrants or redcurrants. My blueberries vanished overnight too so last year I took the bushes home and put them in pots,fabulous harvest.

It makes me angry.

XX Jeannine

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #134 on: March 10, 2007, 17:04:19 »
Fortunately we don't have any of that sort of shennanigans on our plots Jeannine. But all ours are enclosed with privet hedges and locked gates.

Do you think the 'two-footed-feef' was another allotment holder?

For goodness sakes ... don't tell JRP who you suspect ;D

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2007, 17:13:50 »
Its not funny when that kind of thing happens, ours is a small site so hopefully won't happen to us.

Am soooooo pleased that the weather has brightened up a bit. First chance this year to go down and do some proper work. Have double dug ( or 1 and a halfdug ) a bed this afternoon. Am absolutely knackered but pleased things are finally going in the right direction!

Have also asked for some groovy wellies for my birthday this year, not til next month though. So will have to wait a bit! :(  Should have asked for them for mothers day! ::)
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #136 on: March 10, 2007, 17:23:30 »
What does one do in a situation like this

You could always plant some of your exploding cucumbers in amongst them, tee hee.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #137 on: March 10, 2007, 17:39:47 »
We do have locked gates and high fences with wire on top,but still it happens.There is a playing field next to us,one day last year one of our lottie owners was walking his dog there at about 7.am.and he saw a man with a bike.Attached was a cart,and loaded up on the cart was loads of greenhouse aluminium.Our lottie owner asked where he had got it and was told Oh I found it there and pointed to a corner of the playing field. Not satisfied he called the police,they came and he was questionned.In the meantime several lottie owners had arrived and sure enough the stuff was off our site,this character must have climbed over the wired fence,there  he saw some  half built greenhouses,  there were about 4 I think, he chucked them  over the fence where his cart was but was then delayed because he had to bend it in smaller pieces to get it on his cart.His arguement was that he saw the pile while he was walking his dog earlier that morning so he took his dog home and got his cart.After giving his address it turned out it was 6 miles away and he didn't own a car.He then had the cheek to say" well it is no good now, so I wll take it to the scrap man"......Not, said out lottie man and insisted on it being returned. Later that week John went to get the aluminium bits of an old  greenhouse he had been saving to make  a cucumber frame and we found we were one of the four, I never found out what happened to him.

Sadly we are at the mercy of vandala are pinchers on our lottie,there has even been talk of some staying overnight to try to catch them.

XX Jeannine

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #138 on: March 10, 2007, 17:44:47 »
Such a shame  :(

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #139 on: March 10, 2007, 17:48:20 »
There is that word wellies again. I got the promise of an early anniversary present today,A £10  truck load of Cow poo, we all had a laugh as John  handed £20 quid to the man who orders it,then it dawned on him he would have to shovel it." Lets not be mean "I said,"it is your anniversary too," I turned to the man and said " don't bother with the £10 change ,we will have 2 lots,one each!"...I am still laughing..John not.XX Jeannine

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal