Author Topic: General Chitter Chatter & His Sidekick Captain Claptrap!  (Read 67643 times)

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
Re: General Chitter Chatter & His Sidekick Captain Claptrap!
« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2007, 16:15:10 »
for those who are interested, just got back from a late lunch and noticed on my travels that Stead & Stimpson have colourful wellies for £15 a pair: purple paisley, stripey, green ivy-type pattern, and others.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2007, 16:57:57 »
dear gang admire my digging is all you are likely to do at my plot  NO toilet and
no shed no glass no carpets and since one lady covered her plot in plastic bottles
to "warm the ground" and then vanished you get straight looks if your seen with one   no 1 son is taking us to donkey world on MD GD is 18mths and has daisy wellies cus she,s daisy forcast is wet so i have cleaned up roses to wear ;D
got to go office cleaning now bye
marg :)
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #162 on: March 14, 2007, 12:22:40 »
Like the sound of Donkey World. TOMarg.

Where's that Trixiebelle gone? Do you think she has been lured into Ahmeds shed with the promise of treasures of undescribable beauty? :o

Been to Drs as instructed, even higher BP seems to be the problem. So that's that. Thankyou all for your concern.
A friend has just invited me to go to Wisley at the end of the month so I shall look forward to that. Not been for a long time.
Lunch, then lurch plotwards for the afternoon. :D Hope you are all enjoying the lovely weather. 8)
Smile, it confuses people.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #163 on: March 14, 2007, 12:31:22 »
Emaggie, glad you did as you were told ;D Hope BP is soon under control. Yes the weather is so great. Lunch now for the pest (King Charlies Spaniel) then out to do a little gardening. She complains if her lunch is late ;D
Lorna.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #164 on: March 14, 2007, 12:54:45 »
Hey Lorna,

Is your  Spaniel a Cavalier? Mine is, she's a trcolour called Gypsy. Got any pics ?

cj :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2007, 13:27:43 »
Well done E. Maggie, you did good XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXJeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2007, 13:56:58 »
 8) 8) 8) xx

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2007, 14:17:29 »
yep Caroline she is Cavalier.. Blenheim. Sorry about spelling of Charles(Charlie) but then again she was Charlie's dog ;D Sorry going off subject folk. Have always had Labs and German Shepherds but due to Charlie being disabled we thought a smaller dog would be better. He thoroughly spoilt her for three years when he was alive (she will be 8 in Sept)She is so territorial and has to be put in another room if strangers come in to the bungalow, and barks and growls at anyone within 10yards of the bungalow or the car. Although I am sure she hasn't got a bite in her. She was always taken everywhere with us so if left alone she barks all the time (not a problem with neighbours...Lorna JNr :)). One consolation if I want to go and visit friends she will quite happily lay in the car. I go to a friends every Wed eve and she lays out in the car for up to 4 hours. Never had a problem dog before but she is a darling. Will find pic.
Lorna

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2007, 15:45:31 »
Gad your appointement went ok Emagg  ;D

Today I have been 'Lidl'd' .. and I'm £60 skinter than I was when I went in. Loads of fab perennials in there for 69p & 99p.

Didn't spend the WHOLE £60 on perennials though. I also bought essential items such as tins of sardines for 19p and large jars of brockwurst sausages .. whatever they might be  ::)

And no, I haven't been lured into Ahmed's shed lately  ;D It's too bloomin' hot in there! He has a big woodburning stove going full blast all day. I swear he could grow pineapples in it.
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #169 on: March 14, 2007, 16:44:54 »
had my hair cut .only cut cus i,s got a mind of it,s own it don,t like being told what to do, like the head under it. then i took myself swimming, quite pleased 20 lths cus i havn,t been  for app 6 monthes then i sowed a lot of out of date seeds you know free ones with magazines i,m trying to reduce my stash going to chuck a lot on the garden to see what happens. it,s difficult i don,t want them but you can,t give them away cuz they might not be any good i can always give the plants away if they are 
marg :-*
Tell me and I,ll forget

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #170 on: March 14, 2007, 16:57:05 »
Marg! I've planned the same thing with my out of date/mixed-up flower seeds today  ;D I'm going to dig over the bed under my plum tree and just chuck the whole lot it to see what happens!
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #171 on: March 14, 2007, 21:41:36 »
great minds think alike! just can,t bin them at least they have a chance
Tell me and I,ll forget

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #172 on: March 14, 2007, 21:50:38 »
emaggie, me too..got to go back in 3 weeks, if it's still the same, tablets !!  ::)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #173 on: March 14, 2007, 23:39:29 »
Got them already Marilyn, think he'll have to cut my head off if it gets any higher ;D Pressure will have to release somewhere. :o

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #174 on: March 15, 2007, 15:16:50 »
don't know what he'll do, last ones caused symptoms of heart failure, still, the excercise I get at the plot and loads of veggies and fruit must do something !! , maybe we need bleeding like in the good old days, leeches, anyone?  ;D

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #175 on: March 15, 2007, 16:53:06 »
i,v heard vegetarians aren,t troubled by high blood pressure have you tried giving up meat (if you eat it )prob talking out my hat but my daughter suffered from it being too low all the way through 3 pregnances  i went through the giddies and fainting once it was hyperventilating? and stress i blame OH
Tell me and I,ll forget

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #176 on: March 15, 2007, 17:24:24 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D at placing the blame The otherMarg.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #177 on: March 15, 2007, 20:47:18 »
dear e-maggi i was afraid after i posted the last one it would sound as if i was saying ignor what the doctor said. what i was trying to say was perhaps a change of diet and relaxation techniques might help you feel more in control of the orrible BP    ps if you lived with my OH you would blame im after all it couldn,t be MY fault could it ;D
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #178 on: March 15, 2007, 21:52:15 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D I think Manics and I should put our high bp to good use. We should be able to power something between us. Rotovator, kettle, mower, ;D

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #179 on: March 15, 2007, 22:46:59 »
Things never ever go smoothly for me and rarely get time away because of my ageing Mother.  However, I thought a day away to York yesterday with OH and go to Sarahs funeral and then home again would go ok.  WRONG!!!! Oh Yesterday  was ok and enjoyed the journey down to York and a wander round the lovely city.   Popped into one or two shops, but bought NIL.   Today at breakfast got a phone call from Warden at Mums Sheltered Housing.  Mother had fallen last night and had laid on the floor all night and was now on her way to Hospital, they were waiting on the ambulance.  I did go to Sarahs funeral, which was so apt and a lovely service.  I met one or two lovely people from A4A but only briefly because I had to get back home again.  Mum hasnt broken anything but is shaken up a bit.  Its sods law isn't it.  You watch over them when your at home and do everything for them and when you want some time out, well you are not really allowed it.   Doesn't seem fair does it, but then  who says life is fair. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal