Author Topic: General Chitter Chatter & His Sidekick Captain Claptrap!  (Read 67645 times)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: General Chitter Chatter & His Sidekick Captain Claptrap!
« Reply #140 on: March 10, 2007, 18:25:40 »
try putting a sign up that the crop has been sprayed with insecticide, Jeannine. see if that puts them off, the miserable ***s.. :)

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #141 on: March 10, 2007, 18:40:54 »
 those wellies might have fit you jeannine i,v got big legs 17" around calf and they fit me my our arold (after steptoe) looks a bit like it,s giver at times ;)
potted up my tomatoes today 6 kinds also washed and polished my car and it,s not even MOT time it,s bound to snow ;D
marg :-*
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

bennettsleg

• Hectare
  • hertford, herts. 2 windowsills, no greenhouse
« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2007, 18:43:12 »
I'd be tempted to rig up a demountable system of panelling and barbed wire that gets erected around the bushes when harvest time is looming.  make sure the corner posts are properly cemented into the ground and that the panels are padlocked to the posts.

Rather extreme, possibly time consuming, but rather that that growing guzbrees for other people's benefit.

Oh, and put up a sign saying things like "at own risk" & "allotmen holder accepts no responsibility" etc.

Or just take the plants home for planting wherever there is space. 

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2007, 21:01:33 »
I think I might just have a PJ party  in the shed this year,so if there are any GooseGob burgalars out there that are thinking about pie you don't own I will be  after you ,and believe me I am no pretty sight in my Jammies especially when I am mad. I even frighten myself in the bathroom mirror when I get up in the night.

Oh picture this.Waist length hair stuck up all over the place,me in my night attire which is the much much  oversized version of what the average 2 year old wears,lambs, bunnies, teddies etc, and wearing my  custom made wellies adorned with bells, diamante, feathers and whatever else takes my fancy..here I come charging out of the shed, mad as a hatter (as I have been recently described by another forum member by the way) holding aloft  whatever comes to hand,probably my hot pink watering can,or the odd left over leek ,shrieking like  banshee, " Leave 'em alone". The poor crook probably would never nick another Goose Gob in his life.

YES!!!!!Power to all geriatric , over weight female  lottie owners,we will not be nicked from.

PS Does anybody wants to bei n my gang?
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2007, 21:10:25 »
Polite question for  Othermarg. Asking ever so nicely, are the legs 17in or the wellies 17in, cos that is getting close. You may PM your  answer or decline  on the grounds that it is a bit  too personal .I will understand .XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2007, 22:08:11 »
I'm getting welly envy ... I had some lovely stripey wellies when I first got my plot - they were from Homebase and I got them half price in the sale - but they only lasted 6 months before splitting and disintergrating ... grr.  Now have very boring green wellies, but at least I think they'll last.

Going to go up to the lottie tomorrow if the weather is good.  I'm getting cabin fever.  So bored at home this week that I henna-ed my hair - its now a gorgeous copper red.  Don't know why I didn't do it when I was younger - lacking the courage I guess.

16 of my tomato plants have appeared, although they took me somewhat by surprise.  On Thursday they had just broken the surface of the compost, didn't check them on Friday - this morning they are over an inch high and desperate for some light !  No sign yet of the peppers or aubergines.  Thinking of planting my onion sets and shallots tomorrow.  Need to check whether my vole family have left me any peas !

Anyone know why I've not got any frogspawn in my pond.  It was built / filled last May and we found various frogs on the lottie last year, but no sign of anything in the pond.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #146 on: March 12, 2007, 13:40:24 »
got my wellies dirty on the lotty i can see i,ll have to get a loo brush ;D
I didn,t get much frog spawn the 1st year infact the first i knew about it was when i saw 3 taddies :o three years on and theeres a massive splodge
picked PSB and kale and planted a few shallots it alllooks bleak at the moment
and the winter cabbages have been slugged although the leaminton coali,s are doing well here are my one and a half plots   marg
Tell me and I,ll forget

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #147 on: March 12, 2007, 13:42:39 »
only 1 came through here is the full one also boring :D
Tell me and I,ll forget

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2007, 15:57:57 »
ooo, looking nice and tidy Marg - I have a thing for freshly dug beds !

checked pond yesterday and have a lovely clump of frog spawn & three frogs.  The area around the pond is going to be a flower bed, so I did a bit of light digging in preparation.  It was a beautiful day at the lottie - managed to prick out some cabbages (Hispi), tomatoes (various) and marigolds.  Cauliflowers emerging and peppers and aubergines just breaking the surface today. 

Seen a house for sale just down the road from the lottie, so keep your fingers crossed.  I get really excited before the viewing and am then generally disappointed when we get there, but this one looks really good on paper and from the outside.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2007, 17:39:26 »
Ooooh woe is me. We had a busy weekend with friends staying (lovely), and after they left I started to feel giddy. :o It wont go away. It's like the feeling you get if you have been twirling on the spot and suddenly stop.
Being of the 'ignore-it-and it-will-go-away' brigade I've been to plot  to put spuds in etc., and spent the afternoon in my garden having a tidy up. Now I feel really grotty.This week is soooo busy. Please can we have a 'giddiness go away chant' at 8. 30pm today?
Back to the wellies.........oh how I want some---roses, leopard print, sunflowers......I wouldn't care.
and yes Jeannine, I'd like to be in your gang, the sleepover sounds really good. Shall I bring alcohol in my hot water bottle? I like goosegogs alot.
Have you got toilet facilities near your shed? If it looks as if no-one is going to nick anything we could all go to Theothermargs plot and admire her digging............... ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2007, 18:15:29 »
Emaggie. Go and get yourself checked out. I know what you mean about being  ignore and it will go away brigade.
I have just this afternoon spent nearly an hour with the surgery Sister doing various tests, I am glad I went as she will get to the bottom of problems at end of the day. Must get ourselves 100%, think of all that gardening we have to do.
Hope you feel better soon.
Lorna

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2007, 18:32:41 »
No, I will not participate in a giddiness go away chant as my Mum used to say! I am not bloody encouraging you". I recognise the ignore it or it will go away thing too,So here's the scoop, I will participate in a well done she has done something about it chant.. I am just starting to make friends on here, please go and get it sorted, I only want fit and healthies in my gang, we may have serious goosegob nickers to assault.  With love XXX Jeannine

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2007, 18:38:32 »
Oooh dear, thanks for the nudge, girls. Bearded Wonder has just come home and said the same  :o I'll go tomorrow if it's still around. I really, really wan't to be in your gang Jeannine.......

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2007, 19:33:36 »
As a life long paid up member of the ignore it band , don't be surprised if we ask you for proof . I know all the excuses!!!XX Jeannine

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #154 on: March 12, 2007, 20:19:44 »
As a life long paid up member of the ignore it band , don't be surprised if we ask you for proof . I know all the excuses!!!XX Jeannine
Were you a matron Jeannine?

Lorna-sorry to hear you've been in the wars, hope all is sorted to your satisfaction. ;D
We have 6 doctors in our practice and only 2 that listen to what you say.It does rather put you off going. Had the medical book out to self diagnose and I don't seem to have anything known to medical science. ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #155 on: March 12, 2007, 20:53:14 »
No not  a matron,but I do remember the one who was at my first hospital,oh dear I hope I am not like that!! I hadn't thought of that for years.

If we broke a thermometer we had to take the bits to her office to be told off about the cost,I broke so many my Dad bought me a few .

It was in 1958 when I started as a cadet nurse and we had to live in.If I  was at the gate with my boyfriend saying goodnight I just knew  she would get off the bus by the gate,she frightened me to death, the next morning I would be in her office being told the perils of sex.

Oh happy days. I remember her name as clear as a bell.

First day ,when several of us started together we were shown our rooms, handed our uniforms and told  to put them and  go to the reception area, but we were told not to wear the cap. Cap, I could't find a cap, just a starched square of white cotton. She then  taught  us how to make a butterfly cap out of it,it came down almost over our eyebrows with these tiny fan bits at the back.When we went into the dining room heads turned and it was obvious that we were new, as everyone elses cap was tiny on the top with big butterly wings at the back,we newbies were given a helping hand by the elders so the next day we didn't look so ridiculous. I have tried many times to make that cap since and I can't.

Oh maybe I was bit bossy with you,please forgive me ,I  never want to  be like her. Just a wee push from the heart XX Jeannine

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #156 on: March 12, 2007, 22:51:08 »
Didn't take it as bossy in the slightest J. Just recognised the 'nurse' in you ;D (I come from a family of them). Thanks for caring.  :-*

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #157 on: March 12, 2007, 23:53:34 »
Actually I work in a school now XX Jeannine

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2007, 07:19:53 »
I was trying last night to post something for you, emaggie..it could be an ear infection, if you've had a heavy cold lately, I suffer from them, called vertigo..makes you feel woozy and sickly..hope your doc can help, mine usually gives me advice only unless I'm actually being sick  ::)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2007, 12:17:49 »
Managed to get appointment ...........then missed it :o I can't believe I did that. I was elsewhere, involved with other things and I forgot. Rang to apologise, no more appointments 'til tomorrow. I'll live ;D
I think you could be right Marilyn, not had a cold but the eustachion tubes are twingeing.
Seen some STRIPEY WELLIES- very lovely,pink and blue, but had my arms full of 8ft. canes.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal