Author Topic: General Chitter Chatter & His Sidekick Captain Claptrap!  (Read 66616 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Re: General Chitter Chatter & His Sidekick Captain Claptrap!
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2007, 22:43:26 »
i think it's an age thing, my sons and son in law see their wives and friends as equals  whereas some of the older men, not just on the plot, find it difficult to move with the times..I think they're challenged by strong women...wait for it, go on, Corneykev, get it over with, or you, Ace... ;D ;D

I have noticed this thread, but did not join in as it looked like a virtual chat over the garden fence, not my thing really but good on you all for doing it. THEN! I notice a response is needed from me.

As for all my joking and mocking, I hope nobody takes me seriously, I cant help it. Now as for lady allotmenteers I have nothing but admiration for them. I have women working for/with me, usually they are on an RHS course and are gardening for experience and coursework. They are all very willing to work and I can leave them on their own and know the job will be done. I pass on my knowledge but I am not past trying some of their new ideas. I cant say how old I am, lets just say I have my free bus pass, so its not always the old boys who come out with these chauvinistic remarks.

I still reckon you are right about being challenged by strong women, my wife is a champion arm wrestler. ;D

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2007, 15:14:09 »
Yeeeeeeehhhhhhhaaaaaaaa

After ten months in my new house I (with copious assistance from the parents) have finished decorating the front bedroom.   When I moved in the previous owner's daughter had had the room decorated like the french flag on all four walls!!!!  Considering the other decor I want to change I can well understand why the previous owners had trouble selling the house.

When I look at this bedroom now with it's lilac & white I get a wonderful feeling of satisfaction.   Now I just need to start saving up to start on the lounge, the previous owners called "mediteranean style".....I call it "orang".

CC
"Grow you bugger, grow!!"

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2007, 15:32:39 »
I know you're only joking, ace..that's why we can have a laugh  ;D  I've got one just the same, and two lads, and a son in law..all the same sense of humour   ;D ;D

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2007, 16:44:29 »
I forgot to say when I said about buying my wellies they are covered in roses ;D
and they are wide at the top as I have knee,s a wrestler would be proud of :-[
I shall be able to dance in puddles singing every things coming up roses
  My husband likes telling les dawson type my missis jokes  :-\ come to think of it I think he,s changing into him
margaret :o
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2007, 17:00:04 »
I am aiming to become the Imelda Marcos of coloured wellington boots -wearing polka dot ones at present and whilst I was at matalan I bought another red swirly patterned ones. But I am really cross that I missed the zebra striped ones! Coloured wellies certainly get comments from the men on the lottie - the polka dot ones led to comments about a certain type of swimwear, but everyone on our site seems to get on who ever you are and conversations are never dull. Perhaps they like strong women in Essex - well you never know they might dig their allotment for them!!

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2007, 17:13:37 »
I want some jazzy wellies. My sister sent me an usual present last  Christmas; wellie warmers - an inner lining for wellingtons, but unfortunately no wellies and I havent got any. Does anybody know where I can get any, no Matalan nearby and we don't have a car to travel to any far off garden centres.  ??? busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2007, 18:51:30 »
haven't looked myself but have you tried ebay, they seem to have everything else  ;D

been to the plot today and covered the strawberries 2 yr old, with a plastic cloche, always do and get some early fruit  :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 19:06:34 by manicscousers »

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2007, 16:04:03 »
havn,t done much today apart from going to work I,m a cleaner, youth club from
6am to 945 then office cleaning at 530pm to 7 30pm I get the middle of the day to do whatever I,v got the energy for ( no rude thoughts please I,m british) last night we went for a late walk noone was around so I jumped in puddles with my rosy wellies on margaret  ;D
Tell me and I,ll forget

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2007, 16:23:08 »
I am aiming to become the Imelda Marcos of coloured wellington boots -wearing polka dot ones at present and whilst I was at matalan I bought another red swirly patterned ones. But I am really cross that I missed the zebra striped ones! Coloured wellies certainly get comments from the men on the lottie - the polka dot ones led to comments about a certain type of swimwear, but everyone on our site seems to get on who ever you are and conversations are never dull. Perhaps they like strong women in Essex - well you never know they might dig their allotment for them!!
Strong Essex bird here also, TS. ;D You are obviously not on my site as I'd have noticed the wellies with mounting envy......... :o
Smile, it confuses people.

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2007, 19:31:53 »
today weather was brill, a bit cold but DRY and SUNNY..
planted the kestrel spuds under cover, planted out the pre germinated parsnips and some early nantes carrots and early market carrots, again in warmed soil, covered..
transplanted little gem and red parella lettuce in the poly border, under 2 litre plastic bottles with the bottoms cut off
I'm so made up to be able to get some fresh air and a bit of excercise..we had to paddle through the rapidly growing lake next to the raised beds but spring's definitely arrived on our plot  ;D

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2007, 20:29:43 »
Well, what a lovely day here in Wales. Tried out my sunflower wellies. My neighbour reckons that if I fall over in the lottie and cant get up, just stick my feet in the air and I would be seen for miles around.I didnt dig any faster in my yellow wellies, but I looked really cool ;D ;D ;D(at least, I think so)

Dug over one raised bed, built and dug over another. Planted out my first crop, Snowball onion sets. Nipped to Asda to get some bargains and am off to walk the dog to finish the day off nicely.

cj :)

tabbycat

• Half Acre
  • Woking, Surrey
« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2007, 14:39:50 »
I want some jazzy wellies.  Does anybody know where I can get any, no Matalan nearby and we don't have a car to travel to any far off garden centres.  ??? busy_lizzie

Try Shoe Fayre if you've got one of those - they are doing pale blue ones with roses over them & a couple of other designs, or Peacocks - I got purple ones with pink and white dahlia patterns over them from there last year.

Tabby

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2007, 15:42:55 »
Problem ...yellow wellies getting dirty while I dig :(

Solution ...Toilet brush :)

I bought 1 for 47p in Asda. I take it down to the small brook on site and scrub those wellies till they gleam.Mind you,  I dont know what the other lottie holders think I am doing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2007, 20:15:18 »
Caroline, the picture I have in my head of you cleaning the brook with a round the bend brush,do you have a little neatness problem perhaps? XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2007, 21:31:18 »
Well, you cant be too careful ::) I just couldnt have a plot on a lottie that had a brook with a dirty U bend ;D

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #115 on: March 09, 2007, 16:30:32 »
 It,s been dry here for 3 days !! i think every one with new jazzie wellies has done
the UK a favour by stopping the rain if it,s raining were you are rush out and buy some wellies
marg 8)
Tell me and I,ll forget

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #116 on: March 09, 2007, 16:59:55 »
been transplanting tomato seedlings today, I know they say pinch out the weakest seedling but they were all healthy so I've transplanted them all..too many but I'm sure lots of people will take some , also moved the french bean seedlings into the greenhouse, they were getting too leggy so will take them to the polytunnel tomorrow, that'll shock them into slowing down
.went to tescos, sorry, people, and bought 2 packs of fleece.. ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #117 on: March 09, 2007, 18:57:23 »
I think you should all post pictures of your wellies ,I am so sad they won't fit meXX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #118 on: March 09, 2007, 21:44:54 »
May I introduce to you......my sunflower wellies!

;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 21:55:27 by carolinej »

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #119 on: March 09, 2007, 22:45:58 »
Oh Caroline I know it is wrong to want someone elses stuff but I am so jealous, they are super, I think you welly lot should start a wellie topic and keep them all on the same thread,Oh shucks to my fat calves, I want wellies  and I ca't get them to fit. XX Jeannine...PS Would you measure the tops and PM me sweetie please?

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal