Author Topic: Come on, own up.  (Read 4490 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Come on, own up.
« on: February 13, 2007, 16:44:52 »
Who drives a nissan micra? is it governed to ony do 20mph, or are you paid by the government to drive slowly and keep the rest of us from speeding. I never see one near a speed camera.

I am going to start a petition banning nissan micras from the road between the hours of 7.30am to 7.30 pm.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Come on, own up.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 17:13:38 »
Nope, although I did learn to drive in one....but that was some 18 years ago.....

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 18:02:25 »
Who drives a nissan micra? is it governed to ony do 20mph, or are you paid by the government to drive slowly and keep the rest of us from speeding. I never see one near a speed camera.

I am going to start a petition banning nissan micras from the road between the hours of 7.30am to 7.30 pm.

thank goodness we've just swapped..had a micra for 6 years, now selling, always did more than 20mph, brilliant mpg, loved it  ;D

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 18:58:34 »
What the hell is a Nissan Micra? Is it one of those 'small cars' that piss me off in the middle lanes of  motorways?  ;D
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

Blue Bird

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 19:27:22 »
Np not me - I drive a Renault Megan Cab Coupe

do not buy french golden delicious due to the french not buying our Lamb way back but do love their cars  ??? ???

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 19:56:55 »
ford focus called mazie 4 me  ;D

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 20:06:46 »
Nope, not me either, we drive a Vauxhall Zafira & love it! x
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

tabbycat

• Half Acre
  • Woking, Surrey
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 20:25:22 »
I too learnt to drive in one. It was a very bright pea green!   ;D

I got stuck behind a model the other day called a Nissan Micra "Tempest"   ;D - that's really taking the whole "wish-fulfilment" part of branding & advertising a little too far.

More like the Nissan Micra "Storm in a Teacup"

It wasn't doing anywhere near 20mph - that would have dislodged the cushions on the back parcel shelf.

(My girls have long accepted that the words I use on the way to school are not to be repeated.  :o)

Tabbycat

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 22:17:32 »
About 18 years ago, it was the first proper car I bought - i.e. one likely to pass a MOT and have all the body panels the same colour.  I loved that car.............

ACE - you seem to have Micra issues, something you need to share - you know we are good listeners ;D

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 22:37:27 »
Maybe it's because the AA use the Nissan Micra for driving lessons, ACE, and you just keep getting stuck behind them.   ;)

Have pity - I was once one of them, but have driven Suzukis ever since. Lovely motors, run on a teaspoon of petrol, nippy in town, zippy out, absolute bargain guv'nor...

...sorry, got a bit Arfur Daly there.    ::)

Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 22:46:02 »
Each time my girlies have changed their cars the Bearded wonder has tried to make them buy a Micra. "no no no" they cry" that's an old person's car" :o Golfs all round for the wimmin here. Have to say from a safety point of view, it makes me happier.
Smile, it confuses people.

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 11:35:35 »
Not so much bothered by micras, more by the chelsea tractors driven by one woman with one privately educated child in the back. She can't see out to the side because of the windscreen pillars and is too high up to see if a child was standing slap in front of her. Doesn't matter though as her child is nice and safe. Her reg plate is D1VA!! Lives round the corner from me, attempts to murder my girls on regular basis by haring round the corner or occasionally mounting the kerb.
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 12:03:25 »
not a nissan micra, but possibly an earlier incarnation: a 1979 Datsun Cherry FII coupe.
she does do 85mph though ;D

trojanrabbit

• Half Acre
  • There are those who call me... Pete
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 12:09:44 »
We had a bog standard one for a couple of days as a "courtesy" car last year. More like barefaced cheek car! Completely unable to cope with any sort of hill - one wonders what sort of numpty thought that made a good courtesy car in Sheffield which is ALL hills, mainly between 1:7 and 1:4.

sally_cinnamon

• Acre
  • "A posse ad esse" - From possibility to actuality
    • Got a new website - still not finished!!
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 13:15:40 »
Golfs all round for the wimmin here.

Yep, I'm a Golf girl too, white Mk2.  Runs like a dream, I love it!  My OH once offered to buy me a micra when I was carless and I tol him I'd rather walk than drive one of those sheds on wheels!  (although the thought was very nice, thankyouverymuch).

:o
Thank you to all who donated to the Moonlight Half Marathon Walk in aid of St Catherine's Hospice - my mum and I raised just over £300!!!    ............     Thanks!  :-)

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 13:24:37 »
i loved my micra and i didn,t hog the middle lane on moterways, stayed in the inside one i did well i didnt need to overtake did i . didn,t do 20 though went mad and pushed her up to 50 well on flat bits  ;D ;D
got a suzuki swift now it,s more of a grown up,s car it,s good but not my micra
i,ll never be grown upi started going backward 20years ago
margaret
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 13:29:49 »
Another Golf here too, nice old red one that I love.  I have had Golfs for about 20 years now and wouldn't have anything else, they are so solid.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 14:22:17 »
i have to say though that if i had the money i would get a "nisan figaro" goggle it and you will find a damm sexy car!!

quizzical1

• Acre
  • Ceanothus in Northampton
    • My allotment and other garden related things
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 23:24:08 »
How do those of you with pocket sized cars(Nissan Micras and Suzuki Swifts etc.) cope with carting all your tools to and from your allotments, let alone trays of plants etc.?
I drive a Vauxhall Zafira, and things like rakes and hoes are very awkward to fit in that even at times. Mind you we do have a baby seat on the middle row of seats so that can't be collapsed easily. (for the grandson of 2 yrs)
Grow your own and enjoy the fruits of your labours,
Regards Alan.

http://achalmers-quizzical1.blogspot.com/

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 09:31:44 »
the back seats in my car drop down making the boot like a tardis! from the outside the car is tiny (constantly losing it in car parks) but me and OH have had a picnic in the boot before when rain stopped play. I can get all my tools plus a wheel barrow in the back ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal