Author Topic: Come on, own up.  (Read 4482 times)

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
Re: Come on, own up.
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 10:19:01 »
Well I have a Mini and think it is absolutely brilliant.  I am on my 2nd one (the other written off) and in all my years of driving, Polos, Vauxhall Chevette, Corsas, Novas, Wyvern, Seat and a Peugeot 206, it is the BEST.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D  Not only that when you come to sell one you don't get a big depreciation in price.  It is roomy inside and nothing like the original Mini which I did have in the 60's.  Highly recommended.   ;) ;)

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 10:43:48 »
I drove Cavaliers for years, now have a Vectra.. with the back down you can about 20 60l sacks of Manure in the boot!...
 ;D

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 10:55:01 »
Once had a Micra as a 'courtesy car' (which I didn't think was very courteous at all of the garage!). Nicknamed it the 'Nissan Hut'....

I love my Golf ;)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2007, 14:52:26 »
we got 16 bags of horse muck in the back of the micra, mind you it was a bit of a squeeze  ;D

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2007, 15:06:52 »
Keep ya posh mertahs, this is the sproutwagon, and we're still together from (nearly) new.
http://www.whatcar.co.uk/car-review/fiat-doblo-mpv/359/
Six bales of straw and six bags of pony poo, without a passenger ;)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 15:15:12 »
Datson cherry a classic, havn't heard that for years  Datson cherry. ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

tabbycat

• Half Acre
  • Woking, Surrey
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2007, 15:26:48 »
I've got a Renault Scenic and I love it as there is SO much room in it. My OH keeps threatening to swap it for a smaller car because then, and I quote.....

"you'll have to actually clean the boot out every now and then, instead of just chucking all your allotment stuff in and piling other things on top of it..there's stuff growing in there you know"

Needless to say, his car is very, very clean & tidy. ;D

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2007, 15:41:12 »
Datson cherry a classic, havn't heard that for years  Datson cherry. ;D ;D ;D

just for you, cornykev!

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2007, 16:00:00 »

"you'll have to actually clean the boot out every now and then, instead of just chucking all your allotment stuff in and piling other things on top of it..there's stuff growing in there you know"

Ha ha TC, same here. At the mo we've had a swap around as something seems to have dropped off Daughter ones car. She is only allowed to drive mine because hers is like a (dirty) stable on wheels and mine is like an allotment on wheels,.Daughter Twos car is very clean and girlie but I am allowed to drive it as she owes me money. ;D (oh the power) Bearded Wonders volvo is a very clean thing of beauty inside and out, but he pays to keep it so. ::)
Smile, it confuses people.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2007, 19:36:10 »

Daughter Twos car is very clean and girlie but I am allowed to drive it as she owes me money.

ROFL  ;D ;D ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2007, 07:27:38 »
Dual carriageway, nissan micra, two old ladies having a natter, doing 20mph on the outside lane, what do I do, If I go past in the wrong lane I could be in trouble.

Bloody things should be banned!

As all of you are proud of your drives, here's mine. mishubitsi singlecab pickup, a ton of manure/gravel/compost goes in the back, it tows my boat, de-mountable caravan for holidays, 40mpg  4x4 for when I need to go somewhere offroad, and the dog can ride in the cab without worrying about the mud.

There is also a clean car that I am not allowed to use unless I have been completely defertilised. A nippy little MG  that goes like hell unless it is stuck behind a micra.

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2007, 08:07:15 »
Dual carriageway, nissan micra, two old ladies having a natter, doing 20mph on the outside lane, what do I do, If I go past in the wrong lane I could be in trouble.

Bloody things should be banned!

As all of you are proud of your drives, here's mine. mishubitsi singlecab pickup, a ton of manure/gravel/compost goes in the back, it tows my boat, de-mountable caravan for holidays, 40mpg  4x4 for when I need to go somewhere offroad, and the dog can ride in the cab without worrying about the mud.

There is also a clean car that I am not allowed to use unless I have been completely defertilised. A nippy little MG  that goes like hell unless it is stuck behind a micra.

do you watch Tim the toolman, Ace..I'm waiting for the grunty noises.. ;D ;D ;D

Henny Penny

• Not So New ...
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2007, 15:42:29 »
My student son has one of the old wedge shaped Micras. It's a cheap to insure first car and no-one wants to knick it.
There was no way he was going on my insurance - I drive a Subaru.
It's a fab car and you could get a pig in the back with the seats down.

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2007, 16:16:14 »
Every time we see a Honda Jazz, we glance at each other & say - "Giffer".  Since my mum bought one ( 70+) I have realised that no one under 60 drives one and it's usually a good idea to expect sudden swerves.
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2007, 17:05:34 »
I drive Rover and I am very proud that I did not kill off a company slandered by the British press and public for years. >:(
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2007, 19:11:06 »
now trying to sell said micra on ebay..anyone ?  ;D

TEL

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2007, 19:47:16 »
not a nissan micra, but possibly an earlier incarnation: a 1979 Datsun Cherry FII coupe.
she does do 85mph though ;D

i had the sss cope 160j what a car went like stink & rotted the same

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2007, 22:23:29 »
I've got a Renault Scenic and I love it as there is SO much room in it. My OH keeps threatening to swap it for a smaller car because then, and I quote.....

Needless to say, his car is very, very clean & tidy. ;D

I've got one too and looove it to bits!!

What's a boot for anyway if it's not to fill it with all your lottie stuff!!!!!  Mine always has welly's, a big pink rubber trug/bucket thing (just in case i need to put something in it)  some sacks, a big green sheet thing to keep mud off the car (huh - like I bother with that) and a big green square bag thingy just in case......

Tell him he changes it at his peril.....
Louise!
Grow yer bugger grow!

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2007, 12:11:02 »
V reg citroen xantia 2l hdi estate
30 bags manure and 20 in trailer.
260 000 miles

just dropped wife off to go see chelsea she is MUFC fan so she is hiding in the croud!!! and happened to go past more manure so bunged a quick half ton in trailer! must be 200 bags this month :D must stop doing that.
Is this an addiction????

Even had to put one seat back up so M-in-L could sit in the car
(even though I suggested the trailer would be comfy)!!! ;D

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2007, 21:18:26 »
sold it so lots more £££'s to spend on the plot, new fruit cage first  ;D ;D ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal