Author Topic: All my gardening stuff is having to be sold  (Read 3208 times)

darkbrowneggs

• Half Acre
    • Dark Brown Eggs
All my gardening stuff is having to be sold
« on: November 16, 2013, 15:54:48 »
I havent been on for a while as illness plus a family bereavement has curtailed my gardening to the extent I feel my gardening days are over. 

Its such a huge place here - the veg garden alone is around 1/4 acre plus the lawns and woodland.  All in all I have decided its time to move on, and my intention is to sell EVERYTHING  and buy some sort of motorhome and Phoebe (my great dane) and I are going to take to the roads see the uk and if we enjoy the life start on the rest of Europe.

The house sale is agreed and this coming Sat 23 Nov there will be an auction of all my things built up over the year.  The family has been here since the middle of the last century so there is really quite alot

Most of the garden and farming equipment is being sold uncatalogued on the day from the farmyard, but the house contents are mostly online.  The viewing is the day before and you can leave a catalogue bid or do online live bidding if you prefer

There really are some lovely things - lovingly collected and carefully used.  So many garden tools and equipment its mind boggling - or is that just the way I feel after 2 weeks of auciton house staff and a heavy cold!!!

Take a look at the catalogue and please, if you can think of anyone else who may be interested do pass it on  -  I dont think there will be too many more of these type of sales in the future  All the best Sue

https://www.easyliveauction.com/auction_catalogue.cfm?d&auction=17824BFCCD4942D5FD0E&action=1&rangepage=10&currentpage=1&sort=lotno
I love my traditional English Cuckoo Marans and their lovely big brown eggs

Paulines7

• Hectare
Re: All my gardening stuff is having to be sold
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 10:49:02 »
Good luck with your adventures in your motorhome, Sue.

I recommend that you join the Caravan Club if you are not already a member.  They have
many main campsites as well as hundreds of smaller CL's to chose from and their standards are always very good.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on with your travels.  I know when we go to France for three weeks, I am itching to get home as I miss my house and garden so much, so I don't think I could do what you are about to do.

I did reply to your post a couple of days ago but it was one of those that I lost. 
See:  http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,76922.msg781811/topicseen.html#new

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 11:50:21 »
Wow, you've got some amazing stuff there- it must be really hard bringing that part of your life to an end, but great to know you've got another exciting part to look forward to.

I'd recommend http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/ For a small subscription you can find loads of free places to camp in Britain and Europe and meet lots of fellow campers online (my OH is registered as tadpole58)

Just back from a weekend in Durham in our camper- not quite ready for the full  travelling life yet though!

Good luck with the sale and the new life!!

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 19:00:00 »
Hi Sue how exciting your new life will be ,and how brave you are, but as one door closes another opens best of luck and am sure the sale will be great as your things are wonderful and as you said you don't get many private sales like this anymore let us know how your new life is going  :wave: claybasket

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 19:07:52 »
What an amazing collection of stuff.  How exciting to swap it all and go walk about.   

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal