Author Topic: which is better  (Read 1875 times)

PaulaB

• Not So New ...
which is better
« on: May 21, 2010, 09:12:25 »
I am down to the last 2 coops
this one from Pinnegar and Barnes
http://www.pinnegarandbarnesstables.com/page7.htm
or this one from wells poultry with the addition to 15 ft
http://www.chicken-house.co.uk/acatalog/Large_House_and_Run.html

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: which is better
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 14:06:43 »
If is difficult to judge just from photos but if you have got money to spend, last one does does look better made...
Chickens are not so bothered about their housing..as long as it is functional..
I would always go for one that makes my job easier..
Mine is just normal shed that I have made hole for chickens to go in and out..internal nest boxes...I like that I have room for myself to get in and stand straight..I can store feeds and bedding inside on shelves and it is easy to keep clean too..
I like the look of that additional run..looks very sturdy...weather proof as well.. ;D
But if you are handy with tools something similar is not too difficult to do yourself and it will be cheaper too..takes some time though.. ::)
My vote for 'chicken-house' ;)

PaulaB

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 16:58:20 »
With thesecond one you can have an automatic door opener on it also you can have it mad to be 9ft by 15 with 2 * 3 internal nest box and 2 * 9 perch just have to find out what the maximum number of birds it can take.  As for me doing it I am not very handy at all and don't feel confident enough to self build so would prefer to buy and want the best for the birds.

PaulaB

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 07:49:17 »
The chicken keeping has been moved up to august.  I was supposed to be flying to Orlando but because of my mother being to ill to leave for 2 weeks this has been cancelled.  So the money set asside for that is going on a coop.  I have been told the second company has a bad reputation so will be going for a covered run from one company and a coop from another I was thinking from flytes of fancy.

Anisemary

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 00:21:37 »
I get the Smallholding magazine, and  Flytes o' Fancy came second in a survey to find the best chicken house, value for money etc. this month,  Forsham Cottage Arks coming in top. (If you believe in survey results!)  :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal