Author Topic: Yippeee! No footie!  (Read 2811 times)

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
Yippeee! No footie!
« on: June 29, 2004, 09:43:31 »
Ahhhh! I can breathe a sigh of relief - there was no footie on last night, and none tonight either. Yes, I will be watching the Holland/Portugal match tomorrow but at least we have a break for a couple of nights.

:D      :D      :D      :D      :D
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
Re:Yippeee! No footie!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 10:04:23 »
here I was hoping you meant no f**tb*ll ever!

Did somebody mention the F-word?
gone to pot :D

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 10:44:40 »
F****ll? What is that? Up here in the Cotswolds all I do is IGNORE it! The Henman match....now that's another story.....

;)  CLx

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 15:57:38 »
Hi CL! Now you are swearing - using the T word - T****s. Given up on it after years of watching. Don't have time or the inclination now!!!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 17:19:14 »
The only time we REALLY got excited was during the Rugby!

T word? Don't worry Plocket. I didn't watch it all and anyway now I have given up.....FAR too exciting ......yawn....zzzzz....snrrrrr.......

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 17:25:33 »
Hi CL - The rugby was bl***y brilliant! Well the World Cup Rugby was. Now half the team has retired we are c**p!!!

Plocketx

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004, 17:36:08 »
Ah, how nice Plocket, to make Holland orange. Everywhere in the streets there are flags, banners and what have you in orange. The shops sell all kinds of things in orange or decorated with things soccer, from pastries to hamburgers. Riding to and from work on my bicycle I really do enjoy the festive feeling of those long strings of orange, triangular pendants, in some streets they go from side to side over the whole length. I'm not a great soccer fan but I love the festive atmosphere.

Now that England is out, I do hope the soccer fans amongst you will root for Holland, we need all the help we can get.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2004, 17:38:31 by ina »

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 19:13:17 »
Hi Ina - I'm rooting for Holland, as you will have seen from the postings above. However my OH is supporting Portugal because they make better wine!!! One way of choosing who to support I guess - but he wasn't supporting France or Italy!!! We have a small bet on so Holland had better win! Your country sounds MAD for the footie - a bit like ours until we were knocked out. There were England flags on so many cars - and we have one in the garden (still!). All the shops had them and anything that could be merchandised had an England flag on it as well. Shame we are out now really, and it's a shame that we only seem to become patriotic when England play football or rugby. It's better than nothing though I guess.

Good luck tomorrow night!

Plocket x

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2004, 20:19:53 »
Thank you, thank you.

Spurdie

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2004, 21:52:50 »
  :( :( :( BLOOMING SPORT!!! >:( >:(
Hi, Plocket! Hope you and your family are well! Re sport on t.v. ... I wish we could get a decent film on the other side when sport is on! Instead they wait till all the matches AND highlights are over before they put on a film! Or even soem kind of wildlife programme would do!

feet of clay

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2004, 22:08:15 »
I don't care for any sport and even though I have Sky, my TV is rarely on.  Much more exciting things to do like reading and planning next year's sowings.  

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2004, 07:36:43 »
How much longer will the flags hang? Tonight is the moment of truth.

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2004, 09:31:55 »
I have to admit that is my gripe - sport seems to take over. Had a discussion with OH the other day and suggested that all these different sports should set up a special terrestrial sports channel. OH disagreed because they are already making too much money from Sky etc. Still, nice thought though because then the other channels could continue as usual.

Would love to spend these sport-infested evenings in the garden but there has been too much rain here!!! It will clear up soon, with the sport!

Ina - what a lovely picture! The bunting gives such a party look! Go Holland!!!

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2004, 21:42:00 »
They were better.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2004, 22:34:27 »
Sorry Ina :'(  

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2004, 10:14:16 »
Hum. No Oranjeboom last night then? What a shame - it would have been good to see Holland v CR again. I guess they will be taking all the bunting down near you now Ina? And I owe my OH a bottle of wine!

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2004, 21:09:31 »
Oh well, it's all in the game. So you bet a bottle on Holland huh?
Yes most of the decorations is already down. We only had a flag out so that was taken down quickly.
Thanks for your support but it wasn't enough hahaha.

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2004, 21:54:53 »
I probably jinxed them! Sorry!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal